Celebrate Bungie's 20th Birthday In Two-Week Celebration
Bungie is celebrating its 20th anniversary this month with a two-week-long series of events, giveaways, and more. Whether you're a fan of swag, blue flames, or free steaks (!!!), there's something for just about every Halo fan out there.
Here's why the official blog says fans should tune in starting June 23, and ending on Bungie Day, July 7:
- Because Blue Flames aren’t just for Bungie Employees or fans with iPhones. We’ll be turning on Blue Flames and the Bungie Nameplate for every last one of our loyal fans. (Kids, do try this at home.)
- Because we just built a brand-new and totally free community iPhone app to keep you connected...and entertained!
- Because we're going to tell you, in explicit detail, exactly what Bungie Aerospace is all about.
- Because a collection featuring some of our rarest and most treasured personal Halo artwork will be up for auction, with all profits going to charity through a partnership between Child's Play and the Bungie Foundation.
- Because the Bungie Store is going to be packed with Swag Sacks containing random, but totally kick ass swag, limited run commemorative t-shirts, and amazing commissioned posters from a handful of incredible artists, with all profits also going straight to charity.
- Because on Bungie Day we'll be throwing down in a 24-hour Bungie vs. the World No Holds Barred Halo: Reach Marathon where we'll be making the promise of Steaktacular a certified beefy reality. You steak us. We'll steak you. Seriously, we're going to mail any team who beats us by 20 kills or more on Bungie Day a Grade-A cut of steak (gift cards for international players) while supplies last.
- Because you've been just as much a part of this incredible twenty years as we have, and we simply couldn't bear it if you didn't show up and help us celebrate our anniversary and help send our Halo baby out with one hell of a bang.
What do you think? Are you going to clear your calendar for this thing?
[Thanks to MonsterMetroid for the tip!]