Back Up PS3 Game Saves Online Starting Tomorrow
On the release of PlayStation 3's version 3.60 update on March 10, cloud save game storage hits a home console for the first time. The catch? You have to be a PlayStation Plus subscriber.
If you are, the cloud functionality will be automatically enabled with the update. Valid Plus accounts will be able store up to 150MB of save data and a max of 1,000 files. Sony says copy-prohibited save data will work with the cloud and that players can recover data once every 24-hour period.
Here's how you'll be able to create online saves:
1. Select [Game] > [Save Data Utility].
2. Focus on the save data you wish to back up.
3. Open up the option menu using “triangle” and select [Copy].
4. Select [Online Storage] as the destination of back up.
1. Select [Game] > [Save Data Utility] > [Online Storage].
2. Focus on the save data you wish to copy.
3. Open up an option menu using “triangle” and select [Copy].