Cheat Your Way To Prosperity In The Sims 3
The Sims 3 came out on consoles earlier this week, but some gamers may still be having problems getting the fame and fortune they deserve. If you need a little boost – whether it's money, karma, or happiness – we can help you out with this mega-cheat.
Everything you could ever want in the console version of The Sims 3 comes from a magical llama who, through simple interactions, can grant a bottomless bank account and unlock all of the powers (including my favorite, Firestorm) and items in the game.
WARNING: Activating the cheat will disable achievements, trophies, and challenges for your current save file! The game will prompt you to save a duplicate file before activating the cheat (which you should do), ensuring that you can go back to an unsullied version of your sims.
With the caveats out of the way, here's how you do it:
- You must be in-game with your sims
- Press Start to bring up the pause menu
- Press the four shoulder buttons simultaneously. That's L1, R1, L2, R2 on PS3, and LT, RT, LB, RB on 360.
- A dialogue box pops up and asks if you want to enable cheating. You do!
- Now you can select Spoot the Llama from the menu. Go to build mode, open the catalog, select "buy," and find the llama by going to "Décor," then "Misc Décor." You can place him for free!
- Once the llama is on your lot, go back to live mode. You can interact with it to access all of the cheats.
If that description isn't enough, you can watch the cheat in action in the video below. My sim (who some of you have already met) goes from being broke to loaded in a matter of seconds! Who says cheaters never prosper?