EA Sports Outlines Second Madden NFL 11 Title Update
The NFL opening kickoff is only two days away! In anticipation of the rematch between the Minnesota Vikings and Super Bowl champion New Orleans Saints, EA has released the second title update for Madden NFL 11.
The biggest addition is the oft-requested reintroduction of the classic pre-play functionality. If you're not a fan of the Strategy Pad, you can finally switch back to the old style. EA is also releasing the new Madden Moments Live DLC, a free download that drops you into clutch situations to see if you have the cojones to make the big play during crunch time. "Each week over the course of the season, the Madden team will be releasing new moments for you to enjoy from the biggest NFL games of the weekend," writes creative director Ian Cummings. The first batch is called "March of the Saints," which chronicles several New Orleans comebacks during their run to the Super Bowl. This one's free, but future Madden Moments packs will cost you some coinage.
Here are the other fixes:
Ultimate Team Improvements
• You can now view your opponent’s lineup in Ultimate Team
• New item tiers added
Breast Cancer Awareness Month
• Breast cancer awareness mode is now available for play. You can access it by scrolling right from “Play Now”. In addition, franchise games that take place in October (in Franchise mode, not next month) will be given this theme. The Madden team is proud to support the NFL in the fight against breast cancer.
• Scouting has been added to Online Franchise games
• Fixed overtime rules for preseason and regular season in Franchise mode
• Online Franchise: Fixed a feedback issue when commissioners attempted to add friends via Online ID
• Tie breakers for divisional winners now work correctly in Online Franchise
• Fixed issues resulting from challenging a play after using Supersim
• Fixed a feedback issue where the game wasn’t informing players when their selected storage device had insufficient space, which could cause data loss
• Fixed a feedback issue related to the tracking of tie breakers for division clinchers
• Fixed a menu pop up problem when an opponent resumes, calls timeout, or uses a challenge while a player has the Friendly Quit pop up on screen
• Multiple game stability fixes implemented
• Miscellaneous gameplay balancing (with more coming in title update #3)
• Multiple lighting tweaks for improved stadium lighting
• Numerous improvements to player models and uniforms – including Titans AFL, Jets throwbacks, Vikings alternates, Jaguars uniforms
• Many camera shot improvements improved & tweaked for cut scenes
• Fixed a warping animation on the placekicker during FG and extra point attempts
• Added penalization to quitters and awards to users to help address quitting in Ultimate Team head to head games
• Added various Game Reporting improvements for unranked games and Online Franchise. Also included various game stat fixes
• Fixed an issue where too many boosts were being deducted for each OTP game
• Fixed an issue where posting a card for auction would incorrectly show the length of the contract
• Fixed an issue with Ultimate Team injuries so that injured players will correctly come out of depth charts and lineups at the end of a game, and players will not be able to enter new games without addressing injuries and readjusting depth charts
• Fixed an issue where Ultimate Team coin rewards were incorrect for quitters
To read more about the fixes and learn about what else they have on the priority list for future updates, head over to the Madden blog.