We See Dragon Age II's Rogue In Action
BioWare brought Dragon Age II to PAX, and it would have been rude of us not to check it out. Here are a few thoughts from our time with the game:
- We got to see the PS3 version in action for the first time. Aside from the obvious controller differences, the game looks identical to its Xbox 360 counterpart.
- The female version of Hawke was on display for the first time. As with the male version, players can tweak her face in tons of ways.
- The demo started with a fight between the rogue (shown for the first time at PAX) and about 20 hurlocks. The rogue is appropriately agile, and she can flip over her adversaries. She's armed with a pair of short swords.
- The rogue can also use a special teleportation attack, which is similar to how Nightcrawler materializes. The rogue can also cloak, toss stun grenades, and rush with both blades when close up.
- Targets are changed using the D-pad.
- About 90 percent of the dev team on Dragon Age II worked on Origins.