X
rumor

This Is Vegas Finally Canceled

by Joe Juba on Aug 24, 2010 at 07:46 AM



You probably don't remember This Is Vegas. The project started years ago at developer Surreal Software, with the ailing Midway set to publish. Now, if the rumors are true, the title is officially walking away from the table like so many ashamed Sin City saps.

Most of us had already assumed this game already folded, but according to CVG, a source close to the project says that This Is Vegas is officially no more. "Apparently the entire This Is Vegas project has been totally canned," said the source. The game was acquired by Warner Bros. in a $33 million deal that involved snapping up Midway's remaining assets. Development continued for a while, but given the lame main character and uninspired looking gameplay, it's not hard to imagine why Warner decided not to go through with the project.

The source also implies that This Is Vegas was one of the most expensive wastes of money in gaming history, saying "Midway spent in the region of $43 million up to the point when it was being sold to WB. Alan Patmore, who was [Surreal] studio boss, either left or was let go - but considering the resources and art created this is a lot of work down the drain."

Now that you know the game is canned, please resume not caring about it.