Week In Review: 06/12
This week we rolled out so many E3-related features, it wasn't even funny – so stop laughing! It's time for the Week In Review!
Here were this week's top ten Game Informer exclusives:
It wouldn't be the week before E3 if video game journalists weren't making wild predictions about what will be at the show. That's why we had five uninterrupted days of speculation. Expect to see us brag about all of our correct predictions next week, while silently overlooking the ones that were way off.
Confirmed Games Of E3:
If you're sick of people trying to guess what's going to be at E3, this list is for you. It contains every single game that we know will be at the show. Not too shabby, huh?
- E3's History Of Surprises:
All of the pre-E3 coverage this week got us a little nostalgic for years past, which is why we put together this list of our favorite E3 surprises.
- Moral Crossroads: Infamous' Tale Of Two Coles:
The first of our bonus Infamous 2 features to go live, Ben Reeves takes a look at how the morality system in Infamous impacted the game's narrative.
The History Of Sucker Punch Productions:
The second Infamous feature was a detailed look at the history of Sucker Punch. Sure, everyone loves Sly Cooper and Infamous, but what about the studio's first N64 title, Rocket: Robot on Wheels? It was a robot on wheels, for crying out loud!
Punch's Favorite (And Lamest) Superpowers:
In the third and last Infamous 2-related feature this week, we let Sucker Punch do the work for us. In this exclusive video feature, the team lays out their favorite superpowers from various comic books, as well as the ones that are super stupid.
- Hands On With Scott Pilgrim vs. The World:
I don't know which I'm more excited about: the film adaptation of Scott Pilgrim vs. The World starring Michael Cera, or this old-school 2D brawler. This week Bryan posted our hands on preview of the game, complete with some exclusive screens of the action.
- Hands On with The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile:
But that wasn't the only 2D brawler we got our hands on this week! I also checked out the sequel to James Silva's bloody XBLA brawler, The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai. I didn't fare so well, but at least I got to see the Pretty Princess mode due to my suckitude.
Shattered Dimensions Preview:
This week Ben took a look at the new Spider-Man game, which hopes to put the series back on track. Will it? Maybe you would know if you read the preview.
- Bulletstorm Pushes For E3 Votes With Pile Of Rancid Meat:
Sometimes we here at GI get weird things in the mail. When we do, we usually hand them over to Dan, who documents the packages for the sake of our readers (and lawyers). This week he made his way through a pile of rancid meat. Why? I don't know, it's Dan...
And now here are the top 47 news stories from the week:
- Square And Obsidian Team Up For Dungeon Siege III
- Bad Company 2 VIP Map Pack 3 Dropping Wednesday
- Parade Magazine Writer Test Drives Natal...And Films It
- THQ Reveals Red Faction: Armageddon With Trailer
- Game Informer's Infamous 2 Hub Is Live
- Peripheral Maker Courts Controversy With New Wii Gun
- Konami And EA Launch Their Official E3 Websites
- Use Your Writing Skills To Play World Of Warcraft Expansion Early
- UPDATE: PSN Problems Put Online Pass on Hold
- Respawn Packing E3 Surprise
- Spider-Man 2099 Revealed In New Shattered Dimensions Trailer
- Rockstar Presents Red Dead Redemption Short Film
- Is This Man Changing NBA 2K11?
- Telltale Creating Episodic Jurassic Park Game
- Nintendo Gives Third Party Developers Greenlight To Announce 3DS Titles?
- What's (Re)spawning At E3
- Max Payne 3 Gets Knocked Out Of Fiscal 2010
- Indiana Jones 5 Rumors Spark Video Game Speculation
- LittleBigPlanet Gets Heavy Rain Costume Pack
- Sign Up With EA For Dead Space 2 Footage
- Read 100 Classic Books On DS (Or Read Them For Free Everywhere Else)
- [Update] New Mortal Kombat Video Hints At Franchise Rebirth
- Force Unleashed II Collector's Edition Detailed
- Portal 2 Delayed
- PSA: PSN Isn't Broken, Just Undergoing Maintenance
- Back To The Future Game Also Coming From Telltale
- Capcom Looking To "Heat Up" Resident Evil Series
- Rockstar Scores Big With Red Dead Redemption, 5 Million Sold
- Sony Shows Off Dead Nation For PSN
- Sony Confirms PS4 Viral Video Is Fake
- Trailer Shows Mortal Kombat Getting Back To Its Bloody Roots
- Bethesda Details New Vegas Pre-order Incentives
- Bad Company 2 Onslaught Mode Details Announced
- Dreamcast Games Make A Digital Comeback
- Keyboard And Partial Song List In Rock Band 3 Confirmed
- Study: Pro Gamers Have Reactions Of Fighter Pilots, Bodies Of Chain Smokers
- A Behind-The-Scenes Look At Joey Logano's Super Mario Galaxy 2 Car
- First Look At Man Vs. Wild Game
- Study Shows Less Than 10 Percent Of Gamers Plan To Purchase Natal, Move
- Halo 3 Outsold Sony's Biggest Titles Combined
- Metal Gear Rising Box Art Briefly Exposed
- EA Quashes Mass Effect 3/Dragon Age 2 Rumor
- Canadian Rapper Drake Adds Voice Talent To Gears of War 3
- Final Comic Jumper Art Styles, Splosion Man DLC Revealed
- Take-Two, 3D Realms Holster Duke Nukem Forever Lawsuits
- New 3DS Design Sketches Leaked?
- An Early Glimpse At Natal Games
Be sure to also check out this week's regular features: the second edition of Andy McNamara's Gamer Gorilla Radio; Replay, featuring Dino Crisis; and the return of The[Crafty]Gamer, featuring iconic character posters by Justin Russo. For more content from the editors and the community, check out Blog Herding and Weekend Warrior. One final note: there will not be a Week In Review next week, as the entire staff will be on planes back from LA, and WIR would be so incredibly bloated with E3 news that it would bring down the entirety of the internet. And you wouldn't want that on your conscience, would you? See you in two weeks!