New Kingdom Hearts Release Date, Exclusive U.S. Content, And PSP Pack Revealed [UPDATE]
Square Enix dropped a huge Kingdom Hearts-shaped bomb today concerning the upcoming PSP title Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep. The game has been confirmed for a September release, Arkham Asylukm's Joker, Mark Hamill, will be voicing a character, and there's going to be a fancy Kingdom Hearts-themed PSP hardware bundle.
First things first. After a January release in Japan, Birth by Sleep will finally hit North American shores on September 7. Square Enix confirms that new content exclusive to the U.S. include "an extra boss, additional multiplayer options, and Crown Stickers: a reward system where players earn prizes by collecting and placing stickers into an album."
A handful of voice actors for the game were also revealed, however, their roles were not specified. We've checked in with Square Enix for the details and will update accordingly, but for now here's who's been announced.
[UPDATE] A Square Enix rep has replied to the casting question stating the company will "be revealing that info at a later time." Oh well.
- Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker in Star Wars, The Joker in Arkham Asylum/Batman Animated Series) as Master Eraqus (best guess)
- Leonard Nimoy (Spock in Star Trek) as Master Xehanort (best guess)
- Jesse McCartney (Roxas in previous KH games) as Ventus (best guess)
- Willa Holland (Gossip Girl, The O.C.) as Aqua (best guess)
- James Woods (Hades in previous KH games, a ton of movies) - Hades (best guess)
The Birth by Sleep PSP bundle will hit the same day the game releases, and will include a “Mystic Silver” PSP-3000 system, the game, some random movie unrelated to Kingdom Hearts, and a 4GB Memory Stick PRO Duo. This pack will be a GameStop exclusive.
[GameStop is the parent company of Game Informer]