An Exclusive Look At Pokémon's Early Design Documents
With our recent trip to Game Freak's studio in Tokyo, we spoke to the team about their earliest projects and the origins of the Pokémon series. But why just tell when you can show? We were honored and delighted that Pokémon series producer, director, and composer Junichi Masuda and the director of Pokémon Sun and Moon Shigeru Ohmori dug up their oldest documents and sketches from the development of the entire Pokémon series to help explain the team's process of bringing the handheld series to life.
Watch the video below for never-before-seen insight into the full design process behind Game Freak's Pokémon series.
For more on the history of Pokémon, you can check out the latest issue for a 12-page feature covering the franchise’s history, as well as online features and interviews linked below.
- Pokémon’s Developers Talk About Their Console RPG Debut On Switch
- Game Freak’s Origins And Its Pre-Pokémon Games
- Here's How Game Freak Designs Pokemon Creatures
- Game Freak On Player Freedom Vs. Story In Pokémon
- Discussing Our In-Depth Tour Of Game Freak
- Everything We Know About Pokémon On The Nintendo Switch
- Why Ruby And Sapphire Were The Most Challenging Pokémon To Make
- Game Freak's Director Share Their Favorite Pokémon Spin-Offs
- An Exclusive Look At Pokémon's Early Design Documents
- Pokémon’s Creators On The Anime: 'We Weren't Really Sure About It'
- Our Reddit AMA On Our Trip To Visit Game Freak
- Exclusive Reveal Of A New Mode In Pokémon Ultra Sun And Moon