Pokémon’s Developers Talk About Their Console RPG Debut On Switch
One of the most exciting announcements at E3 2017 came from a man sitting behind a desk. The Pokémon Company's Tsunekazu Ishihara announced that Pokémon developer Game Freak is creating a "core RPG title on Nintendo Switch." While visiting Game Freak for our extensive feature in the new issue of Game Informer, we spoke with series director/producer/composer Junichi Masuda and director Shigeru Ohmori about that announcement and what it means for the team to finally respond to the fan outcry wishing for a proper Pokémon RPG on a console.
Watch the interview below to learn more about what this step means for the game's developers and much more.
For more on the history of Pokémon, you can check out the latest issue for a 12-page feature covering the franchise’s history, as well as online features and interviews linked below.
- Pokémon’s Developers Talk About Their Console RPG Debut On Switch
- Game Freak’s Origins And Its Pre-Pokémon Games
- Here's How Game Freak Designs Pokemon Creatures
- Game Freak On Player Freedom Vs. Story In Pokémon
- Discussing Our In-Depth Tour Of Game Freak
- Everything We Know About Pokémon On The Nintendo Switch
- Why Ruby And Sapphire Were The Most Challenging Pokémon To Make
- Game Freak's Director Share Their Favorite Pokémon Spin-Offs
- An Exclusive Look At Pokémon's Early Design Documents
- Pokémon’s Creators On The Anime: 'We Weren't Really Sure About It'
- Our Reddit AMA On Our Trip To Visit Game Freak
- Exclusive Reveal Of A New Mode In Pokémon Ultra Sun And Moon