THE GAME AWARDS | Follow our coverage Thursday, December 7th at
Question Of The Month Reader Responses: Issue #270
In issue 268, we asked what your most anticipated game coming out of E3 is. Readers responded with a wide range of promising games, but the number-one entry shouldn't surprise anyone. Here are some of the responses.
Falling For Fallout 4:
- I've been waiting for years for Fallout 4. I started playing the last two entries on PC after modding the crap out of them, and I had a lot of fun with them. With an expanded mod system, enhanced graphics, better world and enemy physics, creating towns from scratch, and possibly having PC mods available for my PS4, Bethesda has completely blown away my expectations for this game.
- Fallout 4 is my most anticipated game coming out of E3. Fallout 4 is a make-or-break entry since it's changing much of the formula players are used to from Bethesda games. Fallout 4 ups the immersion just by doing certain little things differently, such as adding voice work for the protagonist. The relationships alone seem more in-depth than any previous Bethesda game. From Oblivion to Skyrim, Bethesda games are hugely immersive, entertainingly buggy time sinks. That won't change with Fallout 4, and the game has enough new, needed features that will make it that much harder to put down – if it all works.
- Without a doubt, my most anticipated game is Fallout 4. After waiting for so many years and suffering through fake announcements, I'm going to upgrade to a current-gen console and buy that game the day it comes out.
Thy Kingdom Come:
- Kingdom Hearts III has long been my most anticipated video game. After playing through Kingdom Hearts II on the PS2, I instantly fell in love with the series. This year’s E3 shined the light on KH III and filled me with euphoria. The gameplay is more fluid and creative (dual laser guns transformed from the Keyblade!), with even bigger open-world environments. I cannot wait to be in control of Sora once more and continue his adventure alongside his friends. If Tetsuya Nomura and the rest of the Square Enix team have been listening to fans like me, I have no doubt that this will be the best Kingdom Hearts of them all.
- The most anticipated game that was shown at E3 for me has gotta be Kingdom Hearts III. I’m mainly into RPG games and Kingdom Hearts was one the first games I played. Apart from it being my first, there has always been something in the series that has made me love it more than others. Probably since I always like to hear about the balance between light and darkness.
- For me, the game that I can't wait for is XCOM 2. I played hundreds of hours of Enemy Unknown, bought all the DLC, and beat it many times. So when Firaxis announced the sequel, I was excited because XCOM is one of my favorite games. The trailer and gameplay video made the game look so cool! I also like the new features such as concealment and looting. I also like the fact that XCOM is now the "invader" and on the run.
- As a Nintendo gamer, E3 was pretty underwhelming, what with Metroid Prime: Federation Force and Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival. My most anticipated game out of E3 this year is gonna have to be Fire Emblem Fates. The whole "loyalty vs. bloodline" storyline is an amazing concept, and with the graphics and gameplay of its predecessor, Awakening, it's gonna be a great game that's will boost 3DS sales even more.
- There are so many great games at E3! I am most excited for Rise of the Tomb Raider. The first reboot was one of the most exciting and emotional games I have played in a long time. I can't wait to hear more of the story!
- Fallout 4 and Horizon: Zero Dawn both were awesome, and one of them would’ve been my response if I had not watched the insane extended demo for Uncharted 4. If there are other situations like the motorcycle chase that I will be controlling – and of course there will be – my adrenaline level will be incredibly high. So, spring 2016, hurry up!
Missing The Master Chief:
- My most anticipated game out of E3 is probably Halo 5: Guardians, just because I’m such a huge fan of Halo. Halo was the first M-Rated game I ever played, and it’s been dear to me ever since.
Just Around The Corner:
- My most anticipated game coming is easily Super Mario Maker. I want to create levels that will frustrate people worldwide. I want to run from an endless line of thwomps and live to tell the tale. I want to make levels that will bring endless deaths to even Mario veterans. I want to play as Samus in a Mario game and kill Bowser. There are so many options in this game that will allow us freedom never before seen in a Mario game.
What's your most anticipated game? Share your pick in the comments below!