New Outriders Update Increases Legendary Drop Rates By 100 Percent
Outriders had a hell of a launch period. While we enjoyed our time with the game, immensely so, seeing the journey after day one was hard to witness at times. With server issues and meta tweaks, the team at People Can Fly has had its hands full but they remained dedicated to polishing the rough edges and with the latest Outriders update? It shows. Most notably is the Legendary drop rate adjustment, increasing drop rates across the board by 100%, but that's not all the latest patch has to offer.
What's new in Outriders?
Previously, the studio offered an appreciation package to say thank you to players for bearing with the team as they hammered out details of the online game. People Can Fly did update fans in its most recent public post saying that a second appreciation package is on the way after tests on integration conclude.
Freebie loot drops and Legendary rate changes aside, the studio has also confirmed that Legendary Level brackets have been removed, which takes away level restrictions on Legendary gear. PCF added that prior to this update, some loot would only drop from enemies after a certain level, like Ugake Cowl with level 48s. After listening to community feedback, this has been taken out and a Legendary Anti-Duplication system has taken its place. The Anti-Duplication system is exactly what it sounds like, giving players a fair shot at unique gear and differing rolls.
Scripted Boss Loot is also now available to drop all-class specific Legendary helmets for the campaign in addition to an overhaul of the Luck system to increase drop rates on high-tier weapons even further.
For more on the latest Outriders patch, check out the rest of the update notes below:
- [CONSOLES] Added extra options and settings for controller customization including Deadzones, Look Sensitivity, Acceleration and Legacy layouts
- [XBOX] Improved Sign-in Times
- [EPIC STORE VERSION] Fixed an issue that was preventing the pre-order Hell's Ranger gear from unlocking as intended
- Made improvements to multiplayer connectivity
- Earthborn Gear / Hell's Ranger DLC equipment can now be scrapped
- Fixed an issue that was causing old inventory items to be marked as new.
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from running if they were stunned while using the Trickster's Cyclone skill.
- [EDIT for clarity] Fixed a bug that allowed a combination of two closely timed attacks to result in visual one-hit kill on players, from Alpha Perforo's and Behemoths / Brood Mothers
- Fixed a bug that caused the Scrap Grenade projectile to be blocked by dead enemies.
- Fixed a bug that caused Feed the Flames' Ash effect to not trigger properly in multiplayer.
- Fixed a bug that caused Weapon mod 'Ravenous Locust' to not deal damage if used together with the 'Weightlessness' mod.
- Mitigated an issue whereby players could get stuck in an animation after using Gravity Jump in multiplayer.
- Crash Fixes.
Thoughts on the latest update for Outriders? Is this enough to get you back into the game? Sound off with your hot takes in the comment section below!