Farm Together Gets Local Co-Op In New Update
Farm Together's new update comes out on console today exclusively on Xbox One (these changes are already in the PC version), and adds in local co-op for up to four players. While split-screen is the largest new addition in this update, it also comes with a slew of new items for your farm and general bug fixes. According to the developer post on Reddit, the game is getting these new items:
- House decorations: Wall partition, big Speaker
- 4 New Clothings
- New boy piercing and earrings
- Monocle glasses
- 3 New Rock, Paper, Scissors emotes
- New dirt ground tile
- New fish: Perch, Sea Bream, and Snapper
- New flowers: Green Tea, Purple Daffodil
- New building: Farmhands Union
And these bug fixes:
- Fixed photo mode showing enqueued move/recycle tiles
- Should have fixed players stuck in place when joining their own farm after leaving another one.
- Fixed "Quests" permissions level not working properly.
- Fixed being unable to see pet/tractor customization items from other players if you didn't have them unlocked.
- Fixed being unable to control the pause menu with a controller if pausing while moving down-right.
- Fixed time not advancing at the proper pace (depending on the framerate, seasons would take 5-20 seconds longer than expected).
- Fixed House/Farm Shop windows breaking when quickly hitting the cancel/open shop buttons.
Farm Together is a surprisingly fun and relaxing game to play with your friends, so split-screen co-op is a welcome addition. There's still no word yet on when these updates will find their way to the PlayStation 4 or Switch versions of the game.