News
Dishonored 2

Arkane Says Dishonored Series Is Taking A Break For Now

by Imran Khan on Aug 14, 2018 at 09:00 PM

Arkane's Dishonored series is considered one of the stronger immersive sims released this generation by a lot of people, but it seems like last year's Death of the Outsider standalone expansion might be the last Dishonored content we get for a long time, if ever again.

Speaking to VG247 during Quakecon, Arkane lead designer Ricardo Bare discussed the studio's slate and what we might expect from them in the future. When the outlet asked Bare about Dishonored, he didn't have good news about new installments.

“I can’t say definitively what might happen down the road, anything could happen, but [Dishonored] is resting for now,” Bare told VG247. “As far as pure immersive sims go, I don’t know if we’re going to continue to make like carbon copy – this qualifies as an immersive sim and it’s the only thing we’re ever going to make."

Bare goes on to say that the same first-person immersive sim DNA will carry through whatever worlds they build next, but for anyone hoping for a return to Dunwall will have to wait for at least some time. While Dishonored 2 and Death of the Outsider were critically acclaimed games, they did not sell as well as the first game, which is a shame considering how post-launch updates improved Dishonored 2.

[Source: VG247]

 

Disappointing, but not surprising after seeing the drop off in Dishonored 2's sales. It at least got a strong finish in Death of the Outsider.