The lights are on
If there's one thing that Ubisoft has been great about with Assassin's Creed, it's introducing and trying new concepts with each subsequent title in the series. Whether it's the new protagonist of Assassin's Creed 2 or the organization-running meta-game of Brotherhood, Ubisoft doesn't seem happy doing a simple retread. So what changes can we expect in the next Assassin's Creed, which will apparently be out next year? A new survey may provide some hints.
Destructoid has news of the survey, which asks users what they'd like to see in the sequel to Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. The options presented suggest some paths the game could go down:
1) An upgrade to the assassin's blade that increases the fluidity and speed of free-running
2) An enhanced Eagle Vision: see the patrol paths of guards, spot clues to complex navigation puzzles, detect when characters are lying during interrogations, etc.
3) An intuitive crafting tool that lets you create custom bombs from dozens of ingredients found throughout the game world
4) Tactical use of a variety of bombs suited to unique contexts and situations (smoke, poison, flash, explosive, etc.)
5) An additional objective where you and your Assassins guild fight against the Templars to gain control of a city, district by district
6) Playing as a new Assassin, in a different historical time period
7) A continuation of Ezio's story as the leader of the Assassins, set outside of Italy
8) Deeper connectivity between all the Assassin's Creed projects (eg. an action you make on the Facebook game will impact your game experience on the console; events that you read about in the comics will be related to the storyline of the videogames, etc.)
9) Online Cooperative Mode
10) Offline Cooperative Mode
11) The availability of new maps for the Multiplayer
12) A choice of additional Multiplayer characters with new skill-sets
13) Playing new Multiplayer modes
14) A deeper team-based Multiplayer experience (guilds / squads that have common objectives, new tools for clan management, etc.)
15) A customization of the Multiplayer experience (logos, avatars, objects, team names, etc.)
Of this list, which would you like to see in the next Assassin's Creed? Personally, I hope they move beyond Ezio at this point. I'm also very interested in how co-op could work in the AC franchise.