The lights are on
If there's one thing that Ubisoft has been great about with Assassin's Creed, it's introducing and trying new concepts with each subsequent title in the series. Whether it's the new protagonist of Assassin's Creed 2 or the organization-running meta-game of Brotherhood, Ubisoft doesn't seem happy doing a simple retread. So what changes can we expect in the next Assassin's Creed, which will apparently be out next year? A new survey may provide some hints.
Destructoid has news of the survey, which asks users what they'd like to see in the sequel to Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. The options presented suggest some paths the game could go down:
1) An upgrade to the assassin's blade that increases the fluidity and speed of free-running
2) An enhanced Eagle Vision: see the patrol paths of guards, spot clues to complex navigation puzzles, detect when characters are lying during interrogations, etc.
3) An intuitive crafting tool that lets you create custom bombs from dozens of ingredients found throughout the game world
4) Tactical use of a variety of bombs suited to unique contexts and situations (smoke, poison, flash, explosive, etc.)
5) An additional objective where you and your Assassins guild fight against the Templars to gain control of a city, district by district
6) Playing as a new Assassin, in a different historical time period
7) A continuation of Ezio's story as the leader of the Assassins, set outside of Italy
8) Deeper connectivity between all the Assassin's Creed projects (eg. an action you make on the Facebook game will impact your game experience on the console; events that you read about in the comics will be related to the storyline of the videogames, etc.)
9) Online Cooperative Mode
10) Offline Cooperative Mode
11) The availability of new maps for the Multiplayer
12) A choice of additional Multiplayer characters with new skill-sets
13) Playing new Multiplayer modes
14) A deeper team-based Multiplayer experience (guilds / squads that have common objectives, new tools for clan management, etc.)
15) A customization of the Multiplayer experience (logos, avatars, objects, team names, etc.)
Of this list, which would you like to see in the next Assassin's Creed? Personally, I hope they move beyond Ezio at this point. I'm also very interested in how co-op could work in the AC franchise.
I love Ezio, but I think it's time to find another, equally awesome protagonist.
Offline Co-Op would be nice!
i want offline and online co-op and maybe a new protagonist for the story and is there a way i cud take this survey?
I still need to beat ACII, then play brotherhood
All this sounds really good, but currently on brotherhood, the framerate sucks. That needs to be fixed first.
A lot of that sounds great, but I would mainly like to see a new Assassin story.
These are some awesome ideas.
I wonder how much this poll will effect the game's development.
Well, some of these are already available....there are hints and stuff to paths in puzzles, especially in the Lair of Romulus ones. Some of them are just obvious progression and then some just don't make sense to me. The bomb one seems to be kinda pointless, but I can see why, and I can only see the need for the path of guards and stuff for someone who's not in the Animus, such as Desmond, because you don't have the Animus HUD to help you out. And about a new historical Assassin, I don't see the need for it considering the ending of Brotherhood, and I don't see the need to continue Ezio, although it would be nice to revist him and also Altair in the future in some sense.
The top half ending with playing as a new assassins would be nice! :) But if i where to choose one i would have to go with a new assassin. they are doing great on everything else. but a new assassins would be nice :)
Seeing a new Assassain in a different time period would be the best thing to do next I reckon, also perhaps something involving Ezio as the leader but not the playable chracter would be cool to see, I'd love to see something done in Russia around the time of the Tsars, not necessarily just before Revolution, maybe an overarching story that leads up to it perhaps, something set in Imperial Japan would be awesome too!
I agree they should move beyond Ezio but im not sure if they should move to a new character or make an all Desmond game but Ill have to finish AC:B before I make any assumptions
new assassin character would be interesting..AC rocks!
Agreed. I want the new Assassin's Creed to be a new character in a new time-period. To me, that is the main draw of the game, playing in historical time periods you never have before in a video game.