www.GameInformer.com
Switch Lights

The lights are on

Bring back The Legend of Dragoon.

• rated by 0 users
  • This post has 27 Replies |
  • 16 Followers
  • The Legend of Dragoon is possibly the greatest PS game of all time.  Graphics and gameplay I believe ahead of its time.  Square Enix needs to quit messing around with crappy games, quit wasting their money, and remake the Legend of Dragoon for PS3 and/or 360.  TLoD has a fanbase out there that misses this game.  Imagine if they redid it with todays graphics.  It would be such a success that it would become the new face of Square Enix.  Everyone needs to email them and get this thing going.  Lets get our most loved game back.  Leave a comment about your experience with this game and sig so we can get this going. 

• First off, Square didn't put out the Legend of Dragoon. It was published by Sony. Second, it was a mediocre (at best) RPG on a system that had several solid RPGs. The title has a 74 metacritic score. Lastly, it has a very small following. It failed to sell 1 million copies in the US and only sold 1.86 million worldwide.

All that being said, I think it would be a terrible idea to remake the game, especially with most people having forgotten about the series.

• I think the best you can hope for is a PSone Classic release on the Playstation Store.

• I disagree though that it was mediocre. Most of the reason that it didn't get high sales is because of a few negative reviews and it wasn't very commercialized. I myself didn't no the game existed in till well after it was released because a friend of mine had it. After borrowing it and playing it I released how awesome this game truly was. The best part of the game has to be the battling. It was much more engaging then most rpgs of its time. Instead of the old press attack and then watch a guy it was more than that. Also it has a pretty solid fan based, no matter how small you may think it is.

• I agree with Lone Dragoon. I personally loved the game, especially the combat and I believe there is big enough fanbase that it could see a comeback and draw in new people to enjoy a game that was slightly ahead of it's time. I would love to see this game resurface, but only if they can do it right (not cater it to half-wit 10 year olds)

My only New's Resoloution is to start restoring my video game collection.

• Yes. Do this. Now.

• I personally think that if they don't remake this game, they are complete idiots.  They keep putting out stupid ass final fantasy games that suck.  Imagine if they did LoD on new age graphics, with a character morality system like in Fable.  Make it more open world, keep things mostly the same but make it more open, and keep the fighting system generally along the same lines except updated for new controller and the way things are done today.  They could have a hit if they just did it.  Before they didn't really market the game.  With todays marketing, graphics, and all the rest they could on the new game systems the game would be unstoppable.

• I do agree with you that the game is truly an underrated classic. The game was good in so many ways, great story and characters and one of the best battle systems at that time on the PS. I would love to see a remake of this game but I would love more to see remakes of FF7 and FF8 on ps3 before they would remake LoD

• i loved Legend of Dragoon, it was one of the games that got me into gaming. I would love to see a remake or a sequel.

• Demon Ragnarok:

First off, Square didn't put out the Legend of Dragoon. It was published by Sony. Second, it was a mediocre (at best) RPG on a system that had several solid RPGs. The title has a 74 metacritic score. Lastly, it has a very small following. It failed to sell 1 million copies in the US and only sold 1.86 million worldwide.

All that being said, I think it would be a terrible idea to remake the game, especially with most people having forgotten about the series.

This. The Legend of Dragoon wasn't Square.

Additionally, I didn't like it very much. The additions system was a great idea for its time, but unfortunately the devs used it as a crutch for the battle system. There was no magic or skill system outside of it unless you transformed, which was limited in the amount of time you could do it/how often, so the battles eventually boiled down to "push X or O rhythmically for a basic attack, or defend. Cast a spell or two every couple of turns if it's a boss, otherwise everything is dead already".

Not to mention, that system would not have aged well. Today, critics would slam it as being a long series of Quick Time Events.

But to each their own. Best of luck to you, OP!

• There was plenty of Positives in this game but there was also some negatives as well. As much as i would like to see a remake of this game i seriously doubt that it will ever happen. Why would they remake a game that people have forgot about. Your best bet is that they will be made into a PS1 classic for the psn

• i never finished it (but then there are few that i have), however, i really enjoyed what i did play of it. i disagree that it was mediocre (and certainly metacritic is not the best scale), plus i've found that it's one of those titles gamers request most often when discussing remakes or sequels, so i believe it does have a solid following. as far as a superior rpg, no it didn't share some of the elements of other titles, but i thought it worked well on its own and in fact liked it's battle system. it was suggested that that system can't succeed anymore however it was used to great effect in shadow hearts: convenant on ps2. so, yeah, i think this is worthy of a reboot or sequel.

• >:-(

immanuel olivas loves resident evil 

• It was a fun game and I've fond memories.  And, I think GI gave it about a 9 back in the day.

Tech wise, it was right up there with the day's best.  Graphics, sound, CG and stuff.  Course, what made it special was the timed attacked, which is sort of like QTE today.  But, outside of combat that didn't make you fall asleep, it was pretty standard fare gameplay.  So, from that point of view, I don't see any reason for remaking the game.  For that matter, most RPG games aren't worth updating, since the old school gameplay is, well, old.  Random encounters, boring combat and so on just aren't interesting.

What I would welcome is a continuation of the concepts in the original.  Make combat interesting.  Give use characters with unique roles (instead everyone being able to do everything).  But, yeah, make combat interesting without being an outright action game.

• Legend of Dragoon, as I fondly remember it, was a game that served its purpose.  Final Fantasy VII was out, and most of us were really cutting our teeth on the RPG genre.  Legend of Dragoon was part of that early wave of RPG glory, the PS1.  Replace LoD with  Wild Arms, Grandia, Chrono Cross, Lunar, Parasite Eve, Vandal Hearts, Saga Fronteir, Brave Fencer Musashi, Persona (I could keep going but it starts to get kind of ugly), and the same argument basically applies.  Legend of Dragoon, as fun as it was, is more a work of its time, but thats not to say that remaking it is a bad idea.  But how to succesfully strike the line between updating archaic mechanics yet keeping the spirit of the game is a tough question.

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 12