Battlefield 4 PC Update Now Live, Fixes Most Frequent Crash Causes
DICE has rolled out another patch for Battlefield 4. This time, PC gamers are getting the attention with a number of fixes. The most notable is a repair for “one of the most frequently occurring client crashes.”
Battlefield 4 has had problems across platforms, and those were further compounded when the China Rising map pack was released last week. The PC version, which has been out since October 29, was reported by many users to be unstable.
Here’s the complete list of patch notes:
- Fixed one of the most frequently occurring client crashes
- Fixed broken collision on containers with open doors. The bug previously made grenades bounce back even though the doors were open.
- Fixed a bug in Defuse mode where defenders could win the round by killing all the attackers without disarming the bomb, if the bomb was disarmed in the previous round.
- Miscellaneous stability fixes further reducing the number of client crashes
- Fixed side gunner jitter when aiming in attack boats & transport helicopters
- Fixed some instances of frame rate drops when shooting at large Levolution objects after they have been destroyed (like the radar dish on Rogue Transmission)
- Fixed broken aiming for passengers on the China Rising dirt bike
- Fixed a bug where the sound when capturing a flag was not playing correctly
- Removed a bug that would double save during MP round transition and SP level transition. This fix will reduce the occurrence of corrupted save files.
Additionally, this patch fixes an issue with being shot behind cover while changing stance. Players were experiencing a desync issue, mostly when changing between crouching and prone position or moving while crouched.
Camera height while crouching has also been fixed to give players a better understanding of how covered they are. If you’re playing on PC, let us know in the comments if you experience a smoother experience following this update.
It’s been well over a month since Battlefield 4 was released on PC, and my hope is that the worst of the problems are in the past. Once the game is fixed, EA and DICE need to start considering how they are going to win back the trust. Double XP and a pistol scope aren’t going to cut it.