Rise Of The Triad Reboot Announced
Apogee Software and developer Interceptor Entertainment announced a reboot of the classic first-person shooter Rise of the Triad. The game uses Unreal Engine 3 and includes a single-player campaign and multiplayer.
"Apogee has given us a great opportunity with Rise of the Triad," says Interceptor CEO Frederik Schreiber. "We are all about fast-paced action and this was simply a perfect match for us as fans of old school shooters."
The game is set for release later this year on Steam and includes the following features:
- Five unique characters, each with different play styles
- Over 20 single-player of levels
- Flamewall, Firebomb, Split Missile, Drunk Missile and, Excalibat weapons
- God mode, Elasto mode, Mercury mode, Shrooms mode and , Dog mode
- Level and mod creator that you can share through Steamworks
- Offline single-player and multiplayer
- Secrets, collectables, special events and hidden areas to explore.
- 100 achievements to add to your score, which is tracked on worldwide leaderboard and stat-tracking system.
- Full character and enemy dismemberment.