Getting Around Skyward Sword's Game-Breaking Bug
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is a marvelous gem. It's considered one of the best Nintendo Wii titles ever. There's just one little bug in the game that may stop you from completing it.
Reported first by Zelda Informer, the bug is activated if the player speaks to Golo the Goron in the Lanayru Mine after obtaining the song of the Thunder Dragon but before heading to the forest and volcano regions during the Song of the Hero quest. Those regions become inaccessible and the player cannot complete the game. Nintendo hasn't said whether or not it plans to release a fix, either by pressing new discs or allowing players to send in their save files.
The company provided a detailed report of the bug for you to follow so you won't be forced to start over:
We have been made aware of the issue that results in being unable to progress in the Song of the Hero quest. If the game has been saved after completing the sequence of events, it will no longer be possible to proceed through the game on that save file. The only options at that point are to either start the game over or to use an earlier save file to continue.
The situation is caused by performing the following sequence of events during the Song of the Hero quest:
1. At the beginning of the quest, go to Lanayru Desert to retrieve the song of the Thunder Dragon.
2. In the Lanayru Mine, speak with Golo the Goron.
3. Complete the Thunder Dragon's event, and receive his song.
4. Before heading to the forest or volcano regions, speak with Golo in the mine again.
5. At this point, the forest and volcano events will no longer occur, making it impossible to continue.
• This issue WILL NOT OCCUR if the Fire and Water Dragon songs have already been collected before collecting the Thunder Dragon's song. Talking to Golo in the Lanayru Caves will also NOT trigger this issue.
• If the game has been saved after completing the sequence of events, it will no longer be possible to proceed through the game on that save file. The only options at that point are to either start the game over or to use an earlier save file to continue.
[Source: Zelda Informer]