The lights are on
Obsidian Entertainment, the developer of South Park: The Stick of Truth, announced that it is developing a free-to play, tank-centric MMO game called Armored Warfare. Along with the reveal trailer, we also learned that it has a closed beta later this year.
Apart from tanks, players have access to other machines like general purpose combat vehicles or firing artillery in both co-op campaigns and team-based matches.
The publisher’s My.com site has a short description available for Armored Warfare: “Take command of your own Private Military Corporation. Plan the development of your base. Collect, upgrade, and drive powerful modern military vehicles. Compete in competitive PVP battles or team up with friends to take on challenging missions.”
Armored Warfare is being developed for PC. No specific release date has been announced, but My.com’s site lists it as “Coming Soon.”
Email the author Isaac Federspiel, or follow on Game Informer.
Bad idea.. It will fail. I called it first :D
The reason World of Tanks works as a Tank concept is because WW2 was mostly tank focused. Every combatant had a crap load of different types of tanks. In the modern world, there aren't so many armored vehicle types.
Sounds a bit more complex from what I know about world of Tanks... hmm... wonder if people won't just blow it off.
I'll give it a whirl
I think it's a good idea. By using modern tanks Armored Warfare won't directly compete with WOT and will attract players interested in moving from WW2 to the modern era.
Oh yeah I would totally play this
Wait a minute...
Now can we get one of these tank games on playstation?
I've never been a fan of tank games, MMO or otherwise. But for the people that love them, I hope this is good so that demographic has another to choose from. Hopefully it will be good enough that people won't pass it off as a World of Tanks clone.
I like tanks. I don't like modern military warfare MMOs.
I wonder if gamers would appreciate another BattleTanx? Sometimes I think I'd be into it, but other times I think I would get bored of it after a few rounds. It'd feel too derivative of Twisted Metal.
Still, I think there's potential. Have a variety of creative tank designs, varied weapons, destructible environments. Also dispense with the f***ed-up fiction, where 99.9% of the world's women were dead and the men fought over the remaining 0.1%.
question is, Pay4Win or not? Here tanks comming in war thunder and in WOT already, but I know tons zombies games and it's nothing wrong. If it will be not free2play/pay4win, I'm for.
I wonder if they have heard of World of Tanks?
i like it not just because i like war games but the article was intresting
Wait a minute. I thought it was called "World of Tanks" or something. I'm so confused.
Just not needed
Awwwww! No Ps4 version! My PC's can only play today's latest games on low settings to get 60 fps. That is why I bought a Ps4 because I don't have to worry about it being too laggy.