The lights are on
Here to help new members of the GameInformer Online Community fit in and become active.
So, that recap I had planned on starting this week probably won't happen. Life has a way of saying "You have plans? Screw that!" But, the questions are still here... and theres nothing stopping anyone else from doing their own recap.
1. How did you come up with your GamerTag and/or GIO screen name?
2. You are picked as a group of 10 people for a one-way trip to Mars. What 5 games do you take with you?
3. Do you think Pluto got shafted when it was downgraded from a planet?
4. How often do you use GameFAQs or other walkthrough/tip sites when gaming?
5. Who is your favorite GIO blogger?
6. If you could hang out with one GIO member away from the site, who would it be and what would the two of you do?
7. If you could date a video game character, who would it be? Explain the date (Keep it clean).
8. What's the best game you've played this year? (it doesn't need to have been released this year)
9. What's your opinion on NASA and the space program?
10. GIO is pretty awesome, ain't it?
As always suggestions for questions are HIGHLY appreciated. I have used the ones that have been suggested. Anyways, have at it!
"I'm a dude, playin' a dude, disguised as anotha dude! You a dude that don't know what dude he is!" -Robert Downey Jr. in Tropic Thunder
So...we are supposed to answer these and post them as a blog in this group? Or on the main user blog page?
"You know nothing Jon Snow"
I initially wanted people to post them here, like the other Weekly Question I was doing. But, people took to the blog page, so yea... whichever is fine.
That makes me feel a little sheepish... I was informing people that they should blog them rather than post here. I apologize I must have mixed it up somehow.
No, its fine. I wanted more activity in the Welcome Group. That was the goal. As long as people are doing it, that's all that matters, I guess.
No, now that I think about it putting it here would make more sense as we could get input from those who can't have their blogs "seen" yet.
Alright here's my stab at these questions. I'm writing on an iPad so I may be short I apologize.
1. My gamer tag and GIO screen name are virtually the same (minor changes) and sadly I don't really have a good story behind it. I was actually looking to nab a Firefly related tag but I didn't want any obvious numbers instead of letters. As I was randomly cycling free tags I saw a penguin related one. I'm a fan of penguins, so after some shuffling I settled on this.
2. So...10 people, 5 games, the rest of my life? Here goes. Halo 2 and Starcraft for multiplayer, and I'll round it off with Skyrim, Link to the Past, and I suppose Chrono Trigger.
3. I definitely think Pluto got shafted. I saw a picture that said dear NASA, your mom thought I was big enough. -Pluto. I laughed out loud and proceded to accidentally send it to my ultra conservative mother.
4. I use walkthroughs on two occasions: when I'm replaying a game and want all the little extras or when I don't care about the game I'm playing. That's it.
5. My favorite GIO blogger may be Dark Lady Sarai. She doesn't post too frequently but her blogs are almost always challenging to my viewpoints and very well defended.
6. If I could hang out with anyone it may have to be Jolt (sorry!). I don't know too terribly much about him but he also has a daughter and seems to be a fun guy with his head on mostly straight when he's not spewing profanities at his electronics. Whether I'd be good company is another story. We would honestly probably just spend the entire time chasing children though.
7. If I could date a video game character I would choose Yuna. She's a nice girl with a lot of maturity so we'd do mature things like ride chocobos whilst listening to jazz music and throwing cactuars at other priests.
8. The best game I've played this year is Mass Effect 3.
9. My opinion on NASA is uninformed and simple. A lot of good has come from that program including things we use each day (GPS anyone?) and so I say keep it up. Has something happened recently with it?
10. Yes sir, I am glad I've joined this site and become a small part of this community!
Oh snap you chose Yuna too Joyful Penguin? She'd be the perfect date right? :P
For more than just her personality!