The lights are on
In Halo: Reach, the Sniper Rifle is one of the most sought after weapons. In this short guide I will teach you the basics to learn how to snipe like a pro.
1. Turn the sensitivity up higher. When you notice an enemy you want to be able to snap to his head as quickly as possible.
2. When moving, keep the reticule at head level, so that if a player suddenly appears right in front of you, you can kill him quickly.
3. When in doubt jump about! If you have just been shot at and you haven't spotted the enemy, it is moderately effective to jump consistently to make it harder for your enemy to get a direct shot to your head or body.
4. Don't stay in the same place for too long! If you do, players you recently killed can easily gain the advantage by catching you by surprise since they know where you are.
5. Don't shoot when you are uncertain, Only take a shot when you are confident it will hit the player.
6. Be unpredictable. Being unpredictable makes it harder for enemies to anticipate your next move.
7. Reload when you get the chance! You do not want to be in a battle when you have low ammo, so when you can reload.
Follow these tips and you will learn to be an excellent sniper. It'll take a while though, so practice hard!