Arguably The Best Nintendo DS Game To Date - User Reviews - www.GameInformer.com
Switch Lights

The lights are on

What's Happening

Arguably The Best Nintendo DS Game To Date

The GTA franchise has been know for violence, over the top action, and controversial gameplay, and this entry in the franchise is no exception. I would like to start this review by saying that Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars deserves its mature(M) rating. There is violence, blood, language(lots of it), and drug related content. The reason that I did not mention the sexual content, is mainly because there is not much of it. There may be a a small tidbit passed around in conversations, but that is the extent, there is no nudity. Nonetheless, GTA: Chinatown Wars earns its M rating.

Challenge: The challenge in this game is spot on. The game isn't easy, but at the same time, it isn't a push over. You will have to restart missions, some more than others, but it never feels like you died or failed for unnatural reasons.

Graphics: The graphics in this game are the best on the DS so far, and are especially good considering the size of the city, and the fact that even during giant explosions, there is rarely a hiccup.

Length: By the time that I had finished the somewhat lengthy story, I had about 40% on the completed counter. The other 60% is all side missions, such as random characters, the destructible hidden cameras, and stunt jumps. There are way many other side missions, but listing them all would be a lost cause.

Story: If you haven't figured out what the story is yet, you can find it by going back to the product info page. While the story is pretty good, the only real problem I had with it was that the characters were bland, and the only one you really have a back story on is the main character.

Controls and Interface: Both of these are amazing, and offer seamless transitions between on foot and in car/motorcycle gameplay.

Sound: The only problem I encountered with this category is that the cut scenes don't have voice acting, but that is expected, this being a DS game.

Comments

No one has commented on this article.