www.GameInformer.com
Switch Lights

The lights are on

What are your opinions about Sony PS4 vs. Xbox One?

• rated by 0 users
  • This post has 6 Replies |
  • 4 Followers
  • I've watched just a little of the hype about the new generation of consoles but I still have some more research do before I form my opinion. Just from what I've seen and heard from other people it looks like Sony PS4 is the system to get.

I own / have owned several Sony products (laptop, hd video camera, digital camera, ps2, etc) and for the most part I've always been satisfied with their products. But when it came to Xbox 360 or PS3 (nintendo wasn't even an option - I couldn't get past that weird controller) I opted for Microsoft's 360.

I like 360's controller more. I liked Xbox 360's selection of games (specifically the Fall Out series,Tony Hawk Proving Ground, Metal Gear HD collection, Red Dead Redemption, Mortal Kombat vs. DC, Madden, Bioshock, Oblivion, Call of Duty, Batman Arkham Asylum, Darksiders etc). Also I got my 360 used and refurbished after the prices dropped and the bugs were fixed - so I was happy with the price and the quality. After playing several games I started to notice that there was a surplus of shooters and that started to get boring (so I got a nintendo 3ds).

I don't have much to compare it too because I don't own / haven't played very much Sony products since PS2 (which was awesome). Soo that's why I'm here asking for opinions about which of the new systems will be better.

Which system looks like it will have better games released?

What's your preference between consoles?

Will Nintendo have a new generation console?

What are the advantages to each?

I am patient, cheap, and don't trust new products, so I buy mine a year or two after the system has been released. Any reason to buy the new system when it first comes out? 

• Also which of the new consoles will have the best multiplayer / 2 player?

• I'm sorry.. But.. Every game you just named as a reason for liking the Xbox's selection of games are all on the PS3. Each one. You didn't even mention a exclusive like Halo, or Gears of War, or Forza, or... Oh, wait, that's it. (/sarcasm)

Nintendo already has a Next-Gen console, it's called the Wii U. I own one, and it's a pretty swell piece of work.

Also, there are a bunch of other threads in this section that are talking about Next-Gen consoles, you could have just joined one of their conversations instead of starting a whole new thread. Sorry if I sound like an ***, just being honest with ya'.

• All of the games you listed are also on PS3.

• I have one issue when debating on which console I want. That is based off of content. Example? Call of duty always releases their material first to Xbox 360 users. Now with both of these systems having users pay for online or services, will these companies now stop favoring Xbox over Sony? Now I own both a ps3 and box360. I switched because I liked paying for service so I wouldn't have to worry about hackers and such. So I was wondering if you guys have heard anything regarding what I said. Please and thank you (:

• Jhorn, that's just exclusivity. Microsoft pays Activision for the content first, before PC and PS3. Sony has similar selections, but on different games. For example; Battlefield players on PS3 received the content for Battlefield before Xbox and PC. Company's aren't favoring Xbox over Sony, they are just businesses, and with a business you have to make certain choices that net you the same profit.

Also, not to be rude, but please don't compare the 'paying for online' service of both systems. With Playstation+, I've saved $500 dollars through sales and free games, as well as online storage and auto-trophy upload. That's just from the last few months alone. And for $10 cheaper then Xbox live... Which I've yet to receive anything for.. Other then a couple of ancient games in the last 2 months.  

Xbox has had it's fair share of hacking too. So no, the extra your paying isn't really doing much in that department.. But xbox live is a good service, and the cross-game chat and quick downloads/updates do make up for the hefty fee. However, most of that is coming the PS4 next gen.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

• Thank you for the info! That was great and very helpful. I am happy now on the choice I have for my next gen console. 

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)