www.GameInformer.com
Switch Lights

The lights are on

What's Happening

What happen to ps2

• rated by 0 users
  • This post has 19 Replies |
  • 9 Followers
  • Will someone please tell me what happen to the Playstation 2 like when the last time E3 announce that they have a new game for the console huh.! I say about maybe less then I year ago I mess ps2 if there is still any ps2 fans out there lets talk about it.

GO.! Graphic Designers

• Really? The PS3 has been out for how long now? I am pretty sure that the only games that still come out for the PS2 are sports games, and even they are dumbed down versions....

Sorry Dimitri, no new games come out for the PS2.... I feel better knowing I have fed one troll....

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

- drubacca117 out

• im with drubacca on this one.

the ps2 was amazing, but now the ps3's out. all developers want to make games for a new gen console.

• What happened to ps2? Sony added a number. I, for one, am glad. Ps3 and ps2 have been enemies since day one. It's time ps3 swung the final blow. "Mother" always hated 3. She spoiled 2.  Now that "Mother" has died ps3 will have victory. "Father" will be pleased.

Anywho..it's just a little harder to spend time on an older system. And game makers want to create games that are on systems that are more in demand.

• Actually the PS2 was the exception to the rule, games were still coming out for it a few years after developers stopped making Gamecube or Xbox original games.  It's age has finally caught up to it though, and 10 years after it's release it's no longer getting any real attention, at least here in the US anyways.

• yea but playstation 2 was the most talk about console before the playstation 3 came out like ps2 had all the attention but dont get me wrong ps3 is a fun consoles to play and i really love to play it but people just forgot about ps2 okay go to platform above and you wont even see playstaion 2

GO.! Graphic Designers

• I'm not going to lie, I really don't understand what you just said in the last part.  A little punctuation won't hurt you.

Anyways, yes the PS2 was a great platform, but it had it's day in the spotlight and now it's time for newer consoles to take that spotlight.  Back in the day the SNES was the PS2 of it's time, but when the N64 came out you didn't see SNES games still being made 4 years after the N64's release.  

It's the same thing here, the PS3 has been out for almost 4 years now and thus the PS2 has become yesterdays news.  That's the game industry for you, old consoles become obsolete rapidly once the new consoles come in full swing.

• It's last gen. It lasted 9 years before it died out.

• its like sayin what happened to the n64, the PS2 is old news bro

• Only Madden and other sports games come out for a former legend in the gaming industry.  Yet there are so many great old games for the ps2 that have dropped in price and you can now find for very good deals

• Ps2 is dead after this year.

• dbull620:

Actually the PS2 was the exception to the rule, games were still coming out for it a few years after developers stopped making Gamecube or Xbox original games.  It's age has finally caught up to it though, and 10 years after it's release it's no longer getting any real attention, at least here in the US anyways.

For shame. You posted and failed to lock this, or move it to the correct section of the forums.

Can I get a /thread?

• Ps2 is officialy old school.Thats why there are no new games for it.

• but believe it or not its much harder to find old xbox games than it is to find ps2 games, game stop actually keeps ps2 games in stock more than xbox cause those games still sell well on the market, yeah i give both the systems are out dated and of course everyone is out with the old and in with the new, and the only new games that have come out recently for ps2 would be guitar hero and rock band, and of course sports games, but ps2 is still one of the old consoles that still gets play time....

• Seriously?  The console is 10 years old!  Still fun to play and has many awesome games that I love, but why would developers keep making games for an outdated system?  It is officially a classic system now.  You should be happy they still make the new sports/rock band/guitar hero games for it.  Which is in itself surprising.

Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 12