www.GameInformer.com
Switch Lights

The lights are on

What's Happening

Was Devil May Cry 2 really that bad?

• rated by 0 users
  • This post has 10 Replies |
  • 10 Followers
  • You know i was looking through the shelf of games. Some good some kinda good and Then I came across a gem. Sitting there was DMC2. A true disappointment, a failure to most, the worst dmc in the series.

But lately as I'm getting older and some what wiser in my years I gave it another play through. And playing now I can see many bad things about it.

The story was terrible.

Dante was about as interesting as saw dust.

And the girl (forgot her name) was just as bad as sheva in Re5.

Some enemy's I could just stand there and shoot (very boring).

However. There were surprisingly some really good things about it. Almost shocking that I missed the good things about the game. It almost seemed as if my vision was blurred from the crummy story and characters.

The game play was very fluid, beside some of the less than interesting bosses.

I could pick it up and play like a pro after a couple levels.

The dodging system was very easy and useful but some parts the camera gave me some problems(but you can't say this hasn't been a issue in many games that were good or bad).

The boss with erghasrijga;jna ( what ever his name is. The building boss) and the skeleton with wolfs were good solid bosses and I think they should be noticed.

I think that if this was named something different than dmc this would be a okay game. I mean I had some real fun just going to the bloody palace killing some demons.

So was Devil May Cry really that bad? Personally I Don't think so, I will proudly place this game back on my shelf.

• It was just boring. There were definitely good things about it, it wasn't just a pile of ***. But I constantly kept feeling like I couldn't wait till it's over. When I like a game, I take my time doing every little thing, dreading the last mission because I don't want to look at it and say, "well, I did everything the game offered. nothing new there."

DmC2 felt that way like 3 missions in. I felt like I had done everything and now its just dragging on. I didn't even play the second disc. I lost hope.

• I've only played the original Devil May Cry, Devil May Cry 3 and Devil May Cry 4.  I never got around to playing the second game.  Then I heard and read how awful it was so I decided it wasn't worth playing.

• I never played Devil may cry 2 but the many compliants I heard about it was that Dante was too mature and he was his usual wise cracking funny self. Oh and the random new girl whose name I can not remember at all was just random boring and uninteresting. It was just bad for a Dmc game if it was a different seires the game might be considered to be be okay.

Michael Davis.

• ive played devil may cry 2  its not awful its just lame action i mean you have poor weapon selection and i could shoot with my eyes closed and hit every demon without getting hurt or killed but the squid boss was a little challenging over all its an okay game but ive seen alot better

• I didn't like dante on dmc 2 with his morose attitude and the flipping coin crap

• i have to agree with most people and based on my own experiences, DMC2 was the worst  as far as story mode i think it had very little to do with the main story of DMC, now as far as the combat system goes i think it was better to me like dante shotguns combos with his swords or some of his areial moves rain spin or whatever it was called overall i think the combat system in the game was awesome

To Charm a guy you need long hair not short XD :)

• I played years ago and thought it was pretty ***, IDK?

• Yeah I gotta say DMC 2 was crap, but some gameplay aspects were kinda cool (the freerunning) but the game was boring. Dante, while yes he was older in this game, should've stayed the same that was the one major thing that made this game bad to me. Honestly though I will still admit I find myself playing it from time to time, if not only out of sheer boredom.

"Okay! I had to fight a dude to get with her! I fought a crazy seven-foot-tall purple-suited dude! And I had to fight 96 guys to get to him, too! He was flying and shooting lightning bolts from his eyes and he could make people do whatever he said automatically! He was totally awesome! And I kicked him so far he saw the curvature of the Earth!!"- Scott Pilgrim

• Yes I Feel the DMC2 story line lacked and so did some of the game play but I a am a DMC fan so I enjoyed playing it thought, I just wish there was a little more to the game, like there was the first and the third.

• I just played it for hours and quit :( It is terrible...

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)