www.GameInformer.com
Switch Lights

The lights are on

What's Happening

WoW Cataclysm

Answered (Verified) This question is answered
Verified Answer
  • Align: Horde

Their story is so much more dramatic and fullfilling when I play as them I feel like I get more of the story and have much more variety when playing threw the different regions.

I think story wise, the worgen? Makes less sense then the blood elves joining the horde after WarIII. Goblins, that works. They are plentiful, nothing too drastic on the story and really don't detract from it at all. So, they are nice, but not nessicary.

Verified by
  • I am no lore-buff, but I have read the original Warcraft novels. The Goblins have always been regarded as a neutral race, not in the sense that they are peaceful, rather they are incapable of genuine loyalty. Goblins are a race which thrives on its independent motivations, typically of a financial benefit. So for goblins to align with any faction is just weird to me.

The Worgens run funny. Also, how did they end up Alliance?

Verified by
  • Horde for the past 4 years or so.  I find that I run in to far fewer children on the horde side then I did on alliance.  Beyond that all my friends switched to horde and the best part of the game is running with friends.

I could care less about the lore around the new races.  The goblins do bring some nice comic relief to the horde side.  They also have some of the best racials.  Haven't played any worgen but have killed enough of them to know they have some decent death animations.

We're sorta like 7-Eleven. We're not always doing business, but we're always open.

Steam - palor700   XBL - LooneyPilot   paxgaming.com

Verified by
All Replies

Their story is so much more dramatic and fullfilling when I play as them I feel like I get more of the story and have much more variety when playing threw the different regions.

I think story wise, the worgen? Makes less sense then the blood elves joining the horde after WarIII. Goblins, that works. They are plentiful, nothing too drastic on the story and really don't detract from it at all. So, they are nice, but not nessicary.

Verified by
  • I am no lore-buff, but I have read the original Warcraft novels. The Goblins have always been regarded as a neutral race, not in the sense that they are peaceful, rather they are incapable of genuine loyalty. Goblins are a race which thrives on its independent motivations, typically of a financial benefit. So for goblins to align with any faction is just weird to me.

The Worgens run funny. Also, how did they end up Alliance?

Verified by
  • Horde for the past 4 years or so.  I find that I run in to far fewer children on the horde side then I did on alliance.  Beyond that all my friends switched to horde and the best part of the game is running with friends.

I could care less about the lore around the new races.  The goblins do bring some nice comic relief to the horde side.  They also have some of the best racials.  Haven't played any worgen but have killed enough of them to know they have some decent death animations.

We're sorta like 7-Eleven. We're not always doing business, but we're always open.

Verified by
  • I play as Horde. I honestly don't remember why I chose Horde; probably because WotF was the best racial back then. I started playing WoW at release and played until halfway through BC when I quit. I just came back for cata.

As for the new races, I think Worgen are ridiculous. Yeah, if you actually take the time to look into the lore behind their story, it makes sense, but it all feels very contrived.

I've actually always liked the Goblins a lot, so I'm pretty happy to see them become a playable race, and their joining the Horde doesn't seem like as much of a stretch. I'll probably shell out the dough to race-change to one (although I must admit, I'll be doing so for their racial more than anything else).

• I play Alliance because it was my first character and i got attached, but i have to say the horde side is more mature and i do spend alot of time on my horde toons. I love everything they have done with the new expantion, and my favorite race from it is the worgen.

Master Cellian

• I wish people would quit saying the Horde is more mature. That is just a lot of rubbish. Both sides have their fair shares of nice folks and idiots. In game this popular, you aren't going to find a large disparity in the number of mature players between the different factions.

Like I said, I play as Horde and it's pretty common on my server to see people write the word 'anal' in trade chat and then link and item or achievement, resulting in  hilarious combos like "anal [Herald of Woe]".

So, yeah. There are probably some servers that have more mature players on one side or the other, but I don't think it's fair or accurate to just say 'this faction has more mature players'.

• Allign: Horde

I love zombies so undead was a no-brainer for me (pun intended).

I think goblins are just a funny, awesome race. Although, Worgen are pretty awesome too. I think they add variety to the game and are a great addition.

For me, I get a lot more gratification out of playing the 'bad-guys' (although some would argue the Alliance are the evil ones who oppress the horde) For me, playing with Tauren, orcs, trolls and undead is just so much cooler than humans and night elves and dwarves.

The two new races: incredible and I mean incredible job done by blizz on the starting areas and backstory. I'm not a fan of Alliance ( See above) But I had to play through the starting worgen area to check it out, and man o man I was not disappointed. Even if you only level a worgen to 14 ish you should do it just for the great story, fun quests and neat back-story.

• @Duskmirage

You are probably right we should not make blanket statements about the maturity level of each side.  There is no evidence no one has done a mass poll, all I can go off is my own experience.

For me I played alliance for the first 2 years.  During that time I was assistant guild leader and the raid leader.  In that time it seemed like every night I played I was dealing with someone who was spazing over not getting a certain piece of loot, not getting a raid spot, or just not getting help with quests/leveling.  

The last 2 years or so I have been Horde, and sure these things occur on both sides, but it does seem to be a much smaller percentage.  Of course I could go to a different server and it could be opposite, who knows.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)