www.GameInformer.com
Switch Lights

The lights are on

Questions About Minecraft? Ask away!

• rated by 0 users
  • This post has 51 Replies |
  • 10 Followers
  • Ah, Minecraft. A game as mysterious and enigmatic as its sudden popularity. Many have heard of it, but know not what it is. Many have purchased it, but know not what to do.

This is your chance, reader. Now you can ask someone who has played the game to an extent to know enough to purge the confusion clouding your mind.

What do you want to know? What do you want clarified? What do you need help understanding? Ask a question, and I will try to answer it as best as I can and as fast as I can.

• Where do I start? I finally figured out how to destroy trees and dirt.  Now I don't know what to do with my wood and dirt.  What am I supposed to do?

check out my blog!

(███████████████████████████████████║║█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Rainheart, I'll never forget you.

• That's a very good question, Colton.

Once you've gathered some wood, you can start anywhere in Minecraft. Wood is an absolute necessity. You need it to build a crafting table, tools, fences, doors, torches, ladders, tracks, and even some wall art. To learn more about what you can build with wood, this link to Minepedia's crafting guide will help a lot.

Normally the first goal is building a shelter you feel comfortable with. You could build a sod hut from dirt, a nice cabin from wooden planks, or dig into the side of a hill. Maybe when you've built up enough resources, you can build an underwater glass dome fortress, a castle in the sky, or whatever you desire! Due note: To have a safe shelter, you need to find coal for torches. Evil things spawn in the darkness, and its crucial to survive by having a light source in dark corners.

Next, you should establish a spot where you want to mine to find valuable resources like iron. The most important thing to remember while mining is to never dig straight down. There is a chance you could dig right into an underground cave and die by fall damage, or hidden evils. It is best to mine around yourself to avoid this circumstance.

Lastly, to answer your question on what to use dirt for, I suggest using it to get out of holes you can't climb out of, or for elaborate building. Do this by jumping and quickly placing a block of dirt under you, and continuing to do so until you are able to climb out.

I hope I've answered your questions, and if you need anything else, let me know. Good luck, and stay vigilant! Those Creepers are sneaky little devils...

• Ok sweet, which button do I press to lay down dirt. The only thing I could do was like drop it or something, but it was a small collectable cube instead of a part of the ground again.

I'm impressed by your knowledge Holmes.  Thanks for all the help.

check out my blog!

• To lay dirt down (or any other resource for that matter), right-click your mouse and it will place the cube on the targeted surface. Right clicking is also how to use gadgets and items, like doors and food.

And you're welcome, Colton. Happy to help!

• Alright so when I hit "i" the inventory opens up, and I can do that 4 box crafting thing mess with the wood, but I saw on minepedia there was like a bigger box to make weapons and armor and stuff, how do I do that?

check out my blog!

• Okay, so if you place 1 wooden plank cube into each box in your inventory menu, you will create a crafting table which allows access to the 3x3 crafting grid.

Like so:

Once you've made it, then drop it somewhere and right click the table to bring the menu up.

• Oh that's a crafting table? I made like 14 of those things not knowing what they do.

check out my blog!

• No worries. You never know how many crafting tables you'll need sometimes as you explore. Plus wood is in somewhat of an abundance.

• Not trying to be a Dick, but.  Minecraftwiki.net is all you need to know.  Now where the *** is the real Minecraft thread?

• Well actually, you are being a Dick. I made this thread to give answer to questions that people have a hard time finding.

If you want to make the real Minecraft thread, I won't stop you. Go ahead and make it.

• I looked at minecraftwiki and I couldn't find the info that giga has been giving me.  lol

check out my blog!

• Ok so I just made a house, and this cactus thing appeared outside of it and exploded.  Killing me and leaving a huge dent in my home?  what the heck just happened?

check out my blog!

• Oh yeah, that can happen.

What you've just encountered is known as a Creeper. They're absolutely silent until the last moment when you hear that dreadful "Sssss..." and get blown apart. They explode when they're about 1 block near you, so it's best to use your bow and arrow to kill them before they get to you. Creepers can be hit with the sword, just remember to keep it away from you.

• So is there a list of all the monsters in the game?  How do I regain health?

check out my blog!

Page 1 of 3 (44 items) 123