www.GameInformer.com
Switch Lights

The lights are on

What's Happening

Star Wars: The Old Republic

• rated by 0 users
  • This post has 63 Replies |
  • 4 Followers
  • It's in PC section now, until they prove a console version exists. Anyways, if you register at the site you can get a chance to be in an upcoming beta, here is the site http://www.swtor.com (haven't figured out links on the new forums yet). We don't know much yet, just a few classes and no officially announced races, though some are assumed, anyways discuss! Theorize! Whateva!

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIII, Dragon Warrior VII, Grandia

Impatiently Waiting For: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening, God of War III

• Sweet!  Good to know.  Do they have a projected release date yet?

• No, I don't think so, maybe early 2010? It must be somewhat close if they are beta testing already

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIII, Dragon Warrior VII, Grandia

Impatiently Waiting For: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening, God of War III

• Remember, if you get in on the beta, and you have to sign an NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) you can't talk about the game. Really looking to getting in on the beta, and not telling you guys how much fine I'm having.

• I'm still afraid of how generic this game is going to be. "All our dialogue is 100% voiced!" - So what? Is that all they got going for them? Now I'm a huge star wars fan and KOTOR fan. But I will not be picking this up at launch just to be amazed at its star wars-ness but put off by its lack of originality. I'm done with MMOs until they actually make something innovating.

I've been constantly disappointed by MMOs and I cant stand a heart break by my favorite series.

~ Aero_Shock

• Well, the whole "our dialouge is 100% voiced" thing is just they're newest, and to some, most exiting announcement, so they're going to try and get it out to people as much as they can, wouldn't you? Just because it's an MMO doesn't mean that it won't deliver the same quality storytelling and gameplay as past KOTOR games, it just means that you can play ti with friends. I don't particularly like MMO's, and i'm pretty exiced about this game

• I'm a huge gamer, and not at all interested in MMOs.  At least until I heard the SWTOR announcement a while back.  Been checking the site daily ever since.  The action and story seem to eclipse WoW.  The videos are impressive, particularly the ones showcasing the conversations and the Smuggler cover abilities.  

• My only thing with it is that after you've done one or two storylines, what's after that? There doesn't seem to be any substantial endgame, and from stuff I've been looking into, they're confident people will just replay all of the classes.

Remember: Three can keep a secret if two are dead. That said, you know what you have to do.

• I think i'm going to be really disappointed with this. I loved the first two so much, but mmo style gameplay will kill the story line. I just know it! I wanted to play as Revan again. Still, for an MMO it does look like fun. just not what i wanted to see happen to KOTOR

• I really don't think the whole 'everyone gets an epic storyline' fits into a Star Wars Universe. Now, if they took the general idea behind SWG, and put it into the same timeframe with more server wide events to engage the lore, that would be amazing fun.

Remember: Three can keep a secret if two are dead. That said, you know what you have to do.

• Mean Mr. Mustard:

I think i'm going to be really disappointed with this. I loved the first two so much, but mmo style gameplay will kill the story line. I just know it! I wanted to play as Revan again. Still, for an MMO it does look like fun. just not what i wanted to see happen to KOTOR

I loved the first two games as well, but I have to admit they were flawed. The formula itself, the RPG math, and heavy story is an alchemy BioWare knows very well.

• I got to play the game at E3 this year, and as a longtime wow player, I was pretty impressed. Many of the characters played in familiar (yet different) ways if you know what I mean, but there was definitely a framework in place that showed much promise.

I would like to know more about how they are going to use instances to set up world changing events, and how they will handle raiding when the classic arch-types like healer and tank were roles they were trying to avoid.

Looked great though, love going with an art style rather than uber realism in my MMOs.

Andy

Andy McNamara

Editor-In-Chief, Game Informer

@GI_AndyMc

• May all the doubts in this thread be proved wrong in a complete fashion!

I like their art style, but it still looks really rough. With a bit more polish it should look great though.

• Andy McNamara:

Looked great though, love going with an art style rather than uber realism in my MMOs.

I prefer style to "realism" any day (see TF2, Zeno Clash).

• Once this is out, I am dropping all other MMO's for a while.  Probably forever.

Page 1 of 5 (64 items) 12345