www.GameInformer.com
Switch Lights

The lights are on

What's Happening

Seeking Team GIO Members for Extra-Life + Drawing for Ghost Recon PC Download

• rated by 0 users
  • This post has 0 Replies |
  • 0 Followers
  • Hey all you PC people who are able to keep up with video cards and all that I fail miserably at. I represent Team GIO for this year's Extra-Life event and I really would like you all to be part of the team this year. Last year, we helped to raise over $2,600 as a team while the event altogether raised over $1.2 million.

What is Extra-Life? Extra-Life is a charity event where we as gamers pledge to play video games for 24 hours (or however many you can handle) in exchange for donations from friends, family, coworkers, etc... Those donations go directly to the Children's Miracle Network of Hospitals, a non-profit organization that helps treat children with severe sicknesses regardless of their family's ability to pay or insurance status. Check out their website at http://www.extra-life.org/.

What is Team GIO? When you sign up for Extra-Life, you can join a team, this helps build some camaraderie and competition amongst the other teams to see who can raise the most money. As members of, what I feel is the greatest gaming website out there, we have joined together to form Team GIO and even have members of the Game Informer staff this year, including Tim Turi and Benjamin Reeves. Check out the team's website and please join us by clicking the "Join this Team" button on that site and raise money.

This year, we will be having drawings for raising money and recruiting members to the team that raise money. Up to the marathon event on October 20th, we will be having drawings for active participation and we have one that starts right now and is right up the PC gamers' alley. On July 18th, we will be having a drawing for a PC download code for the full version of Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier. You can enter the drawing three different ways and earn multiple entries to increase your chances of winning:

• 1) Join up between now and the date of the drawing, you will get one entry
    • 2) Recruit someone who joins the team, you get one entry per person (unlimited total)
    • 3) One entry for every $5 raised between now and the drawing (unlimited total)

So join up, please, we would be excited to have you all. Future drawings and prizes will include more game download codes for multiple systems, gift cards, autographed books, an E3 swag pack, an a secret prize from Take 2 Interactive. Join us, have some fun, and most importantly save some kids.

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)