www.GameInformer.com
Switch Lights

The lights are on

How well could I run Arma 2/Dayz?

Not Answered This question is not answered
All Replies
  • Need way more to go on than that.  I dont think they made a 2ghz i7, the lowest i think was 2.6 ghz. (other than maybe a laptop version).  We also need to know how much memory (ram) you have and what GPU.

You can also try this.  www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri  its not 100% accurate, as it does not know how much of your system is being used up by background programs.  If you are right at the minimum or just above I would stay away from it.  

We're sorta like 7-Eleven. We're not always doing business, but we're always open.

Steam - palor700   XBL - LooneyPilot   paxgaming.com

• Top 500 Contributor
    • Male
  • I have 8 gigs of ram and my gpu is a nvidia geforce gtx 460m cuda 1.5gb. The sticker on my computer says my CPU is an intel i7 2360qm @ 2.0 ghz. I have an Asus gaming laptop, so maybe that's why is 2ghz?

I also checked my computer with that site and it said I could run it above the recommended specs, so I'm probably good then?

• Not Ranked
    • Male
  • ahhh that makes sense a laptop.  Yeah they use lower clock speed chips in laptops to reduce the heat generation.  I would guess that yes you can run it on mid to lowish settings.  But be warned, the game is poorly optimized, their are no guarantees.

The good news is ARMA 2 is an older game, if you are patient and watch sales (steam, amazon and such) you can probably buy the combined operations version for around $10. (to run Day Z you need both the base ARMA 2 and the operation arrowhead expansions, both of which are in the Combined Operations).

We're sorta like 7-Eleven. We're not always doing business, but we're always open.

Steam - palor700   XBL - LooneyPilot   paxgaming.com

• Top 500 Contributor
    • Male
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)