www.GameInformer.com
Switch Lights

The lights are on

What's Happening

Help beefing up my rig

• rated by 0 users
  • This post has 2 Replies |
  • 2 Followers
  • So I bought this PC some time ago for a great price,  http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03616482&tmp_task=prodinfoCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=5331423#N1335.

It handles everything I play pretty well, but I would like to get a dedicated card in this PC to get better graphical performance. I eventually plan on making my own custom rig, but I am on a tight budget currently. I would like to keep the price under $250 if possible or lower. I realize I will probably have to get a power supply, but some people have said I might need a wireless card as well. I am out of my element here for the time being. 

My benchmark is to be able to meet or exceed The Witcher 2's recommended specs. http://store.steampowered.com/app/20920/

I can run the game, but I would like to be able to play it on better settings. I am not interested in new, graphically intensive games like Titanfall; I tend to play older or less intensive games. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated because I am not too sure what I am doing!

Also, I slotted another 4GB of RAM into the PC, so I am running with 12 GB not 8. 

Looking for some awesome music? Check out my blog.

"Ideas are bulletproof." 

• If no one else can help, I'll take a crack at it. Ok so this is a late responce (just found out GI has a forum section) anyway your link does not work. So for $250 budget to run TW2 on high or ultra settings will require a good card. In the past I used the Nvidia gtx 480 (they dont make it anymore) and it could run everything on high BUT the ubersampling. So for $250 you can get a GTX 760 which will 100% run TW2 on ultra all settings including ubersampling.

www.amazon.com/.../ref=sr_1_1

• Forgot to eddit but the 760 will run any new gen game on ultra with no problems as well. Only thing that will affect the gameplay at this point is your processor and ram 12gb you said you have, is good. So if anything a new processor couldn't hurt depending how many core yours has right now and how old your is. IDK what your MOBO (motherboard) uses intel or AMD. But AMD is WAy cheaper than intel and works great as well. But that requires more than $250 I jsut bought an 8 core AMD processor for 100$. Works flawlessly.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)