www.GameInformer.com
Switch Lights

The lights are on

What's Happening

Intel HD Graphics 4600 (Haswell, LGA 1150, Socket H3) Benchmarks and Gameplay!

• rated by 0 users
  • This post has 2 Replies |
  • 1 Follower
  • Alright, guys, I apologize for not starting this thread sooner, however, we have ourselves a nice little chip here!  I'm using an i7-4770S in an mITX HTPC/SFF  build, and it holds up quite well!  Especially considering the fact that this build only runs on less than 150W!!

Here are the specs of the build:

\Project\ Desktop HTPC:

-Intel Haswell i7-4770S

-ASRock B85M-ITX

-Mushkin Enhanced Stealth DDR3 1600 8GB (2x4GB) dual channel RAM @ 8-8-8-24

-Samsung 470 Series 64GB SSD for Windows + immediate apps

-Samsung Pro 840 Series 256GB SSD for storage + 'auxiliary' apps

-Lite-On CD/DVD combo drive

-Intel HD Graphics 4600 (on CPU)

-ASUS Xonar Essence STX PCIe sound card

-PicoPSU-150-xt 12V DC-DC ATX power supply

-HiFiMAN HE-400 headphones

-Acer H274HLBMID Black 27" LED backlit LCD (only 20 watts!)

-Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

-Case/Chassis: Rosewill RC-CIX-01 BK Glossy Black Steel Cube Mini-ITX

-AVerMedia Live Gamer Portable capture device

And a few videos to show off its graphical and performance prowess; remember, less than 150W!:

Unigine Valley Benchmark 1.0 - Intel HD Graphics 4600 (Haswell):

Metal Gear Rising: Revengence - Intel HD Graphics 4600 (Haswell):

Call of Duty: Ghosts - Intel HD Graphics 4600 (Haswell):

Feel free to let me know what other benchmarks and gameplay you would like to see!

Surround Gaming and Surround Benchmarks via a triple-monitor, multi-GPU, water-cooled custom gaming PC.  I upload videos weekly at: http://www.youtube.com/user/UrbanSmooth

• Okay...  So, you're promoting an overpriced chip that gamers shouldn't be using.  Reasons!

1. The chip costs over $300.  Unless you're taking the "future proof" approach, there's no reason to spend that much money on a CPU.  The only component that a gamer should sink that much money into is the GPU.

2. The i7 4770K is much better for gaming since it's unlocked and ready to overclock.

3. For gaming, there's little reason to go beyond the Intel i5.  Unless you're running a SLI/X-Fire setup, odds are it's not your CPU that's holding your system back.

4. Power consumption is really a non-issue.  The only time a gamer should take power into serious account is if your system is producing too much sound and you want to switch to a fanless system so your gaming audio is the only thing you hear.

And...  If you're running benchmarks, how about running at 1080, Tressfx in Tomb Raider and/or Crysis 3?

• Hey, man, gamers can do whatever they want with their setup.  I'm not exactly 'promoting' this chip, I'm more showing off how far Intel's integrated graphics have come along because I just happen to have one in my HTPC.  No biggie.

Speaking of which...

]Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Demo - Intel HD Graphics 4600:

[view:

]

Here's my playthrough of the CLoS2 demo on a lightweight, low-power desktop PC running on Intel HD Graphics 4600 integrated graphics (no video card). This entire build runs on less than 150 watts!

Wild sick game! Runs well and fun to play!

Surround Gaming and Surround Benchmarks via a triple-monitor, multi-GPU, water-cooled custom gaming PC.  I upload videos weekly at: http://www.youtube.com/user/UrbanSmooth

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)