www.GameInformer.com
Switch Lights

The lights are on

What's Happening

A fair priced pre-built gaming rig

Not Answered This question is not answered
All Replies
  • That is an impressive price for a boutique gaming pc, but if you built this youself you would save almost $200 just on parts, which means you could buy a decent heatsink which this rig doesn't have with that extra cash in you pocket.... and on top of that you'll probably save another $100 on shipping which is usually how much that cost for boutique builds.  

Me personally I would never buy this. I don't like that case from corsair, so that would be the first thing to go ($100-$200), needs a good heatsink ($50-$100). The PSU is only 600w, and it's not a good one, the GS series from Corsair is crap, would need a better one at least 750w and modular ($150-$250). I would even change out that MOBO for something better as well which could cost anywhere from $150-$250 based on how much i'm willing to pay for a mobo as they can go for over $400. Everything else is on it's good, not that it leaves much after the gutting I would do.

On the surface this seems like a great deal, but in the end what you get for the price isn't that stellar. I believe that if you want to get into PC gaming you should just do a good amount of research, find what you need and build it yourself because it's super simple and actually quite fun to do and you'll end up saving a ton of money.

Now with all that said, if you don't want to build a PC then Palor is right, this is probably the best deal you're going to find for a custom built pc from a boutique retailer.

I5 3570K - MSI GD65 Z77 - CORSAIR H100i - CORSAIR HX-850w - GALAXY GTX 660TI GC SLI - CORSAIR 500R - 8gb KINGSTON HYPERX BLUE 1600mhz - 120GB KINGSTON HYPERX SSD

• Top 500 Contributor
    • Male
  • I was searching custom prebuilders last year and came across Digital Storm then.  Unless they've changed, they were a bit more pricey than cyberpowerpc/ibuypower and somewhat more limited on their options when compared to the other two.  It almost felt like the other two were owned by same corp so it shouldn't matter but cyberpowerpc felt like a better shopping experience.

My big concern with buying from ANY of these sites is that its getting shipped prebuilt with the potential of getting damaged in shipment.  Buying parts locally from my shop, I feel can easily get something replaced even though I've never had an issue.  Unless you live rural, finding someone reputable who can build a PC for you is the best option.  We don't live in the 90s, PC techs are like plumbers and can always build better PCs for the same price as retail.

• Not Ranked
    • Male
  • So if you actually go and price this system on newegg right now it will run you just over $1300.  That was exact matching the CPU, GPU, MB with a similar power supply, ram, 1tb hard drive, mid tower, and DVD-RW.  I did not include a copy of windows so actually closer to $1400.

I am not saying that this is an amazing rig, I was just showing a fair priced rig for someone that does not want to build.  A better CPU cooler would be nice but is not needed unless you really want to OC, but you wont need more than 3.8ghz for anything really.  The case is acceptable, not amazing but gets the job done, same with the power supply.

As for the motherboard it is one of the best on the market currently.  I have hesitations when it comes to Asus as they have notoriously bad customer service.  But since the rig would be built, tested, and warrantied by digital storm its much safer than just buying the MB direct.  You must remember this is the new Z77 chipset which has only been out since late April...so MB options are still somewhat limited, getting better every day but not there yet.  

We're sorta like 7-Eleven. We're not always doing business, but we're always open.

Steam - palor700   XBL - LooneyPilot   paxgaming.com

• Top 500 Contributor
    • Male
  • $1300? I priced it on newegg exactly, just put in a Cavair Black to replace the unknown HDD, but there are Hard drives  $20-$30 cheaper than a Cavair Black that could save some money. As for the unknown DVDRW I added the cheapest one possible.  It all came out to $1050.32 and that includes the $10 shipping. Even when you factor in Windows, a home built rig is still cheaper by at least $50 which means a nice quiet heatsink can be purchased, instead of the useless oem intel heatsink. Then factor in Digital Storms $65 shipping and building one your self is at least $100 cheaper. But like I said if you don't want to build one your self for whatever reason, then this is a good deal as there is no real price difference. Just depends on your needs really and if you can live with some of the componets of the build or are willing to spend much more by adding something different than what's included.

I5 3570K - MSI GD65 Z77 - CORSAIR H100i - CORSAIR HX-850w - GALAXY GTX 660TI GC SLI - CORSAIR 500R - 8gb KINGSTON HYPERX BLUE 1600mhz - 120GB KINGSTON HYPERX SSD

• Top 500 Contributor
    • Male
  • It's surely better than buying HP, Dell or any mass manufactured computer.  Buying from boutiques allows you to upgrade later since they are building it w/out bloatware and proprietary components.

• Not Ranked
    • Male
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)