www.GameInformer.com
Switch Lights

The lights are on

What's Happening

Are Mario games simply stupid?

• rated by 0 users
  • This post has 133 Replies |
  • 8 Followers
  • Saying Mario games are stupid, is like saying video games are stupid.

• No, it really isn't.

"Wormpuke." I like the name. It suits me.

• I'd like to bring up my "Italian plumber jumping around fighting giant mutant turtles and shooting fire with the help of roses" point again

"If you really loved me you'd all kill yourselves right now"  -Spider Jerusalem

• You sicken me. Video Games don't all have to be ultra-violent, generic war shooters.

And to answer your question, I like Mario games because they're fun. Yes, they look rather childish and silly, but they're some of the best games ever made when it comes to simple fun factor. I'm 14- just a year older than you- but I seem to have much better tastes than you, which makes me worried.

I like girls. But now... It's about justice.

• Hmm...... Lets see, did I ever actually say that video games HAD to be violent?

No. No I did not. Nor did I say they had to be ultra violent.

WHat I said was, in my opinion,there is SO many other games out there, and so many of them look better than Mario. How can me not liking Mario "sicken" you?

• Hahahaha, TS makes me laugh.

You don't like Mario games because you can't, for the life of you get passed the first level. Then you play you're "Modern Warfare 2" to take your anger out about it.

Not to mention your brain function ratio isn't up to par with the sophisticated puzzle action that IS Mario.

/thread

Currently playing: Modern Warfare 2, Resident Evil 5, New Vegas, Halo Reach, Bulletstorm

Add me on XBL: Pyr0CheeZeCake (that's a zero)

The Freeman Returns 2012. I'll give it hope for another year...

• Really? What makes you say that?

• Simple: all FPS games are simplistic, generic.They're EASY. An old school platforming game is rather difficult for those who try to run out "guns blazing," like so in an FPS.

You also have to use your brain. FPS is more run and gun, but I guess sniping is more like taking careful aim.

Currently playing: Modern Warfare 2, Resident Evil 5, New Vegas, Halo Reach, Bulletstorm

• If they're easy, put them on a very hard skill level.

• That argument fails.

Since most FPS games are generic, I find a lacking in replay value, regardless what GI says. Making it harder doesn't make it anymore enjoying. And replaying an FPS game on a harder difficulty, doesn't make it much more difficult. You're experienced with the game previously, changing the difficulty doesn't make it that much harder.

99% of FPS games I play, I play right away at normal or hard. They're easy.

• Okay. If it's your opinion, it's your opinion.

• Go sit down, and play a Mario game.

Come back and post when you beat it.

• I have played Mario, but I've never beaten it.

• mario is simple. Jump,run, jump on enemies heads. an easy enough formula,but it was one of the first games of its kind and it worked well. and even tough you cant ''BLOW STUFF UP",its still got the qualities of an excellent game. good controls, easily recognizeable characters, varied level designs,and with each new game, improve upon what you've already done in the last game and add something new. kind of like the modern warfare or halo series.

ignorant teenagers. good thing im still 11.

• But how is jumping on enemies heads fun?

Page 6 of 9 (124 items) «45678»