www.GameInformer.com
Switch Lights

The lights are on

What's Happening
Create/Edit Post
Write your reply below. Click the "Post" button to submit your message.
  • [quote user="Phaizran"]

The 3DS caused a lot of brand confusion too. I wouldn't be surprised if people still didn't understand that its a new system not another redesign.

As for the second part, I didn't make it clear enough that that was a closing statement to sum up my oppinion on the system overall, my bad . I wasn't refering to the code name change I was refering to how the system code named Revelution ended being a casual gaming mess that alienated Nintendo's fans.

[/quote]

Actually, the Nintendo fanboys didn't abandon the Wii, like any Nintendo system, they remained the biggest supporters, hence the ridiculous sales of all the unnecessary Mario-branded crap.  

I'm no fanboy of Nintendo (maybe Metroid and Contra), and I enjoyed the Wii, but I became a huge Xbox360 fan because I wanted the hardcore games.  The Wii still had them, and I supported a many of them.  But I wanted BioShock and Dead Space and Left 4 Dead, etc.

Nintendo didn't alienate their fans, they catered too heavily to them with all the Mario crap.  And they certainly didn't lose them.

•