www.GameInformer.com
Switch Lights

The lights are on

Create/Edit Post
Write your reply below. Click the "Post" button to submit your message.
  • [quote user="RezidentHazard (rides again)"]

The name is kinda silly, but not horrible.  It's no more ridiculous than iPad or Move or 3DS or Kinect or DSi or Vita or, well, just look around you these days.  Everything is getting quirky naming these days.

And it's not going to be all that confusing.  The only hardcore gamers even remotely likely to be confused by this are those that know next to nothing about Nintendo anyway.  They don't know, they don't care, so it doesn't matter if they actually manage to be confused.

And Revolution was a codename and we all knew it--it was stupid to get excited for it and then be all whiney when that wasn't the name of the final product.  We didn't get all excited for "Dolphin" did we?

[/quote]

The 3DS caused a lot of brand confusion too. I wouldn't be surprised if people still didn't understand that its a new system not another redesign.

As for the second part, I didn't make it clear enough that that was a closing statement to sum up my oppinion on the system overall, my bad . I wasn't refering to the code name change I was refering to how the system code named Revelution ended being a casual gaming mess that alienated Nintendo's fans.

•