www.GameInformer.com
Switch Lights

The lights are on

What's Happening
Create/Edit Post
Write your reply below. Click the "Post" button to submit your message.
  • [quote user="Phaizran"]

"The name is horrible."

Yes it is. Not only does it sound stupid, its causing tons of brand confusion amoungst hardcore gamers. If gamers can't even get this stuff straight can you imagine how bad it will be for the casual consumers that Nintendo is trying to hold onto?

There are my thoughts. I remain optimistic at this point, but back in 2005 I was excited for a system called the Revelution and we all know how that turned out.

[/quote]

The name is kinda silly, but not horrible.  It's no more ridiculous than iPad or Move or 3DS or Kinect or DSi or Vita or, well, just look around you these days.  Everything is getting quirky naming these days.

And it's not going to be all that confusing.  The only hardcore gamers even remotely likely to be confused by this are those that know next to nothing about Nintendo anyway.  They don't know, they don't care, so it doesn't matter if they actually manage to be confused.

And Revolution was a codename and we all knew it--it was stupid to get excited for it and then be all whiney when that wasn't the name of the final product.  We didn't get all excited for "Dolphin" did we?

•