www.GameInformer.com
Switch Lights

The lights are on

What's Happening

***LOCKED** "Wii 2" vs. Project Natal: Battle for 2010!

Not Answered This question is not answered
All Replies
  • wii 2 will win because with Blu-ray and HD 360's natal will be as bad as the eye toy or PS eye.

For once the three consoles will be the same.

Also micosoft is just now getting into the camera/ virtual market.

• Top 500 Contributor
    • Male
  • I'll say Wii 2.  Until I see a Zelda-esque game on the 360 that is completely controlled with Natal and until someone tells me how the heck you could play a first person shooter with Natal, I see more variety with Nintendo's wii remotes.  Natal has potential, but I believe that it's potential lacks the variety needed to properly function across all video game genres with just the full body motion controls.  If you have to use a controller in tandem with Natal, then what's the point of using Natal at all?

• Top 200 Contributor
    • Male
  •  The fact that Nintendo would have to make another console to compete with Sony and Microsoft after just a few years, has epic fail stamped all over Nintendo.  I love Zelda and Metroid as much as anyone, but Nintendo has dropped the ball too many times for me to care anymore.

• Not Ranked
    • Male
  • @ Sintendo - agreed. That Nintendo would go ahead and make the first "next" console just means that they're looking for a way to get ahead of the competition because their current console isn't cutting it in today's market.

It's actually kind of embarrassing for them.

• Not Ranked
    • Male
  • it's almost 2010. nintendo would have said something by now.

And that's what she said.

• Not Ranked
    • Male
  • I think its gonna be just a repeat of what happened at the release of the Wii and 360 consols. The Wii is going to be a huge hit for the first few months cause mommy and daddy are going to buy it for their kids. But after a while, thats gonna wear off and Natal is going to take over and never look back.

• Not Ranked
    • Male
  • they way i've seen it, half the people that i know who have heard about it are amazed by natal, the other half scared of it, thinking that all these things that happen in movies are coming true. personally, i think natal is a great idea but its just a knock-off of the Wii only without controllers. Wii 2, if it is what they say it is, will probably have the advantage. most people know that Nintendo has a better knowage about motion capture technology, all they needed was HD for Wii and they would have had at least double the sales.

• Not Ranked
    • Male
  • People complain about the Wii not having a "standardized controller"

If Natal doesn't use a controller at all, imagine the complaints to be had!

Currently playing: Modern Warfare 2, Resident Evil 5, New Vegas, Halo Reach, Bulletstorm

Add me on XBL: Pyr0CheeZeCake (that's a zero)

The Freeman Returns 2012. I'll give it hope for another year...

• Not Ranked
    • Male
  • Everyone is judging a system that we have yet to prove exists. Secondly, the Wii is still outselling the compition. Everyone has a problem with the motion control technology now? wait until there is no remote to complain about via Natal, only everyone's fat hands not moving the right way. Game boxes will read: If you have sausage fingers, do not  buy this game!

• Not Ranked
    • Male
  • How can people say that Nintendo dropped the ball?  I believe Nintendo's goal is to come up with a console that would revolutionize gaming.  I'm pretty sure they did that, as they've sold approximately 50 bajillion Wiis and they even have them put in retirement homes.  It might not be what we traditional gamers are used to, but there are good games on the system (though I will agree there are a lot more crappy ones).  The controls aren't perfect, but it's the first run-through of these things.  Just because you can't have some "hardcore" game in which all you do is run around and shoot people FOR HOURS AND HOURS AND HOURS.

I'm excited about the future for Nintendo, and hopefully they'll find some way to control the quality of their future systems.  Go Wii!

• Not Ranked
    • Male
  • And this thread is long overdue for lockage.  Leave this kind of stuff to the Console War thread.

• Top 200 Contributor
    • Male
Page 2 of 2 (27 items) 12