Switch Lights

The lights are on

The **OFFICIAL** Wii U Thread

• rated by 0 users
  • This post has 269 Replies |
  • 47 Followers
  • I hope that nintendo will make some metroid games for the wii u

• Monty1408:

• I disagree Eternal Darkness had poor gameplay mechanics in my opinion but it was still a good game. Not the best title sir. The two best titles would be Resident Evil 4 (one of the greatest games of all time) and Twilight Princess (THE GREATEST SERIES OF ALL TIME!). With that being said I believe that the Wii U has the highest potential to release new IPs than ever before!

Eternal Darkness poor gameplay mechanics?  Nintendo patented it's gameplay mechanics!  Kill enemies properly, or go insane.  Build your own spells to their own power--wasn't as detailed as I thought it would be, but still cool, and I built the spells up to their highest levels.  

I have long felt the GameCube's best titles were Eternal Darkness, Metroid Prime 1, and Resident Evil 4--with Eternal Darkness edging the other two out because it was the most original title of the three.  RE4 simply modernized a franchise long in danger of stagnating to death, and in many ways, Metroid Prime was a remake of Super Metroid (it's music was largely just remixed Super Metroid music).  

ED had thicker atmosphere, a more original story, more unique characters, excellent writing and acting, and was, for lack of a better word, a gaming masterpiece.  So were Prime and RE4, but in the end, I had to hand it to ED for pure atmosphere and originality.  I can understand where some people would have issues with some of the combat--firearms were generally less effective than bladed weapons, but I felt there was no greater experience on the Cube.

Plus, it is properly played with surround sound in the middle of the night.  Except for when the police showed up that one night because of a noise compliant...

For what it's worth, I have long felt that the Zelda franchise is one of Nintendo's biggest sellers, but also one of their weakest since the vast majority of games are the exact same story over and over again, with many of the same plot elements.  The Zelda franchise has been long over-due for a new storyline, but it's always the same thing:  Boy sets out on adventure, meets girl, bad guy shows up--boy turns out to be legendary hero, girl legendary princess, bad guy legendary bad buy--Link, Zelda, Gannondorf--same thing over and over again.  Probably why my favorites have been the "different" stories:  Link's Awakening and Majora's Mask.

• It's a genuinely well-thought out plan, but I truly hope it controls as well as it looks...

• Too many people focus on the tech. True, the tech does make the system, but it doesn't make the games. Honestly I'd rather just have great games regardless of the bells and whistles, over some sparkly sub-par experience that looks good but is forgettable. Nintendo has the richest history of great classic games and I don't see them ever failing to deliver more and more. Sony and Microsoft have their cornerstones no doubt but they still can't live up to the legacy of Nintendo's legends. I can't wait for the Wii U. Nintendo has finally embraced real third party dev. support and that's all they have ever really lacked. Mind you Nintendo is Nintendo it started in Japan so it has different approach even in America. I'm glad they don't follow in the business trends of it's competition. Nintendo always changes the playing field of gaming and if you go back in history every console company since Nintendo's existence has done it's damnedest to out-do Nintendo or at least match what Nintendo does. I have faith in the historic company and look forward to game on every console that Nintendo puts out until I die and share my love for it's games with my future kids.

• RezidentHazard (rides again):

For what it's worth, I have long felt that the Zelda franchise is one of Nintendo's biggest sellers, but also one of their weakest since the vast majority of games are the exact same story over and over again, with many of the same plot elements.  The Zelda franchise has been long over-due for a new storyline, but it's always the same thing:  Boy sets out on adventure, meets girl, bad guy shows up--boy turns out to be legendary hero, girl legendary princess, bad guy legendary bad buy--Link, Zelda, Gannondorf--same thing over and over again.  Probably why my favorites have been the "different" stories:  Link's Awakening and Majora's Mask.

Couldn't have said it better there. I totally agree with you in that the next LoZ needs something completely new, in terms of story, and that Majora's Mask and Link's Awakening are two of the best LoZ games.

~Proud Nintendo Fan~

• Also, games such as ZombiU are starting to show promise in both gameplay and graphics as well. Here's to Nintendo.

• I really can't wait for this system, I might actually get this one.

• Has anyone else heard the rumors of the Wii U getting an October release?

~Proud Nintendo Fan~

• What is the battery life on the gamepad?

• 3 hours

• I'm just glad to see Nyko has some solutions to extend that now. REALLY glad.

Drinking coffee, playing games...
    http://www.coffeewithgames.com/

• Is it too late to comment on this thread?

Page 18 of 18 (269 items) «1415161718