www.GameInformer.com
Switch Lights

The lights are on

The **OFFICIAL** Wii U Thread

• rated by 0 users
  • This post has 269 Replies |
  • 47 Followers
  • noahpickle101:

I CAN'T TELL IF LINK IS A KID OR AN ADULT, CAN ANYONE HELP ME HERE?

Anyway, it was spotted at CES. Not much else to say other than the controller looks smaller than I thought it was.

• Yeah, I never expected the controller to be huge. A large controller would probably not be a smart way to market a console. I'm happy with the size of the controller that I see in these two pictures. It's a good size.

• I have one small critique and I'll probably catch some flak for it. The console itself looks very bland in terms of design. It looks like an external harddrive.

• I personally am not complaining about the design of the Wii U. Nintendo game consoles have never been very flashy as far as design is concerned with maybe the exception of the GameCube. I personally like the design even though it isn't very flashy.

• Yeah, I don't know. This'll sound weird but to me, the Wii looked sleek and very well designed. I think I read a few editorials from other game sites and magazines that made mention of how the Wii almost looked like an Apple product. It had clean, simple, and attractive design. I personally loved the Gamecube and it remains my favorite Nintendo console to date.

The Wii U doesn't look bad, but it's just not very distinctive. But then again, what looks more plain than the PS3?

• The PS3s design (Thick and Thin) was sleak and original. I always prefer "feeding" the console the disk as opposed to placing the disk in a case or the PSone, Dreamcast, and GameCube becuase doing it other than feeding increases the risk of scratches. No previous console curved the way the PS3 does. There's a lot more to design than just the outward appearance.

I agree. The GameCube was a great console in design, features, and performance. I loved the GameCube and PS2. Both designs were well done in my opinion.

• Destructoid has a small hands-on about the controller. Notably, the controller is pretty lightweight even with the internal battery. He also says that the placement of the analog sticks actually works quite well with the other buttons.

As for the look of the console, I'm not entirely sure that will be the final design. I don't mind a plain, simple design but at least differ it from your previous one more. Right now it looks too much like the Wii and not a whole new console.

• Truth is, when the system is re-unveiled, a lot of this is subject to change. I just hope they reconsider the name honestly. And make sure the system is powerful. Sony and micro's next consoles will be stronger, but as long as they match a certain water mark they won't get fleased on the third party stuff.

KAMINA-01-1.jpg Kamina image by lokwokcheung Suda51 Group

• Oh wow, I never realized how small the controller and the console itself were going to be. They both look very nice, and I'm liking the sleekness of the console itself. I really can't wait to get the controller in my hands to see if it really "feels" as good as everyone has been saying.

• Looking good nintendo, looking very good. (raises glass) Here's to you and the promises your making, I look forward to calling myself a proud nintendo fan again.

• @ theLizardman

And here's a thought, unlike Microsoft, Nintendo never puts out a console with a 60% failure rate.

• Cool your jets there buddy, while I'm not sure what you mean by 60% failure rate, I do know that the Wii was a huge disappointment as far as a game console for me and a couple thousand other gamers. In fact, if there wasn't three other options as far as consoles go, I probably wouldn't have stayed a gamer save for a couple Wii games.

• Marco Polo:

@ theLizardman

And here's a thought, unlike Microsoft, Nintendo never puts out a console with a 60% failure rate.

I don't think the failure rate got that high.  Last I heard it was around 40%, and a lot of that is likely poor use from users--putting it in places where air circulation was poor or non-existent.  

My Xbox 360 has run quite well consistently for three years, barring the occasional crash in a Bethesda game--and that one weird one I had in Arkham City.  My roommate and I successfully repaired his RROD Xbox 360 and it runs just fine again.  

Plus, it's a hallmark to how great the Xbox 360 is on it's own that it successfully weathered those dark RRoD days.  I think it's the best system of the generation--tied with the regular old DS (DS Lite).  It does online better, the online shops are cleaner and faster, it has the best player profiles in the industry, and is simply a great system.  Hell, it even does couch co-op better since I recently discovered the PS3 won't allow multiple profiles to be signed in at one time--so where Trophies and game progress are concerned, everyone other than player 1 are outta luck.  

I can play Borderlands, Dungeon Siege III, Halo, Gears of War, Left 4 Dead, etc with my girlfriend on one of our Xbox 360's and we can both save our individual progress and earn our own Achievements.  The way it should be.

• What do you want to bet that Resident Evil 6 will be ported to the Wii U?

• @Marco Polo

I have the original arcade and it's chugging along great

One died in India. Three was tracked down in Brazil. I am the only one left. I am The Second Musketeer

Page 15 of 18 (269 items) «1314151617»