www.GameInformer.com
Switch Lights

The lights are on

What's Happening

3DS Remakes and New games

Answered (Not Verified) This question has suggested answer(s)
All Replies
  • always looking for a metroid 2/super metroid remake. we already have zero mission so lets not do that one again.

• @Boogieman

I never got to play the metroid games. I will definitely get it if they remake them. It's weird how I skipped them somehow.

@ S.T.A.R.S. I have a feeling this wont be the end of the remaking list as well. Where the money grows, people shoot for it. It's a common practice among companies. I was looking at this from a point of view with my child. And was merely stating that the 3DS will be portable, thus the park reference. You don't have to get mad just because argued back, however dumb is seems to you. We have to respect each others opinions. I just don't spit out Ignorance and stuff like that. I do that out of respect, man. I did say please. How well mannered do you want it?

Anyway, I'm not here to argue. Whatever the case, Nintendo will do what they do. I respect your opinions, I just saw the same arguments in the last three threads. lol Your probably still going to be mad that I also expressed my opinions but, oh well.

So, any new games that gets you excited for the 3DS.guess. Resident Evil? Assassin's Creed or Batman?

Edit- you know what. Forget what I said in that last paragraph. I read your posts in the others. You're taking this way too personal. I wouldn't be suprised if you have a sign saying, "No more remakes", and standing in front of Nintendo right now. I'm done arguing. Next time, I'll say something more nicer than, "Let's buy some remakes". I am very sorry I was harsh. What was I thinking?

• Bottom line: Nintendo made the hardware. They know how it works better than Capcom or anyone else who's making an original game for the 3DS at launch. There's no legitimate reason for them to be remaking old games for a new title.

Currently playing: Modern Warfare 2, Resident Evil 5, New Vegas, Halo Reach, Bulletstorm

Add me on XBL: Pyr0CheeZeCake (that's a zero)

The Freeman Returns 2012. I'll give it hope for another year...

• Yeah, simply put: We'll just have to see what happens.

• phew lots of drama in this thread...

Well anyway I would love to see the original Smash Bros ported on 3DS so I could play it wherever I go. Rayman 2 is another great game that I would like to play on the go.

• Psychedub Massive Crew:

phew lots of drama in this thread...

Well anyway I would love to see the original Smash Bros ported on 3DS so I could play it wherever I go. Rayman 2 is another great game that I would like to play on the go.

lol Debate is healthy. Keeps you alert.

Anyway, I would love a smash bros. game. Linking four 3DS is no brainer. Maybe even 8 3DSs.

• S.T.A.R.S. Officer:

The good N64 games aren't very hard to come by. Would you rather spend 1000 Wii points on an emulated N64 game made to run in a higher resolution for today's TV's, or like $30 (or however much 3DS games will cost) on a game that has been ported a million times.

I'm not sure if Star Fox 64 was ever ported, but OoT was re-released and ported 5 times (V1.0, V1.1, V1.2, GameCube, VC). If you haven't played it or beaten it yet, you've been living under a rock for the past 12 years.

With remakes, there's a sense where a remake isn't completely unnecessary and when they are completely unnecessary.

For example, Capcom remaking the Resident Evil games for Wii. That was pretty pointless because 1, they only released RE1 and RE0, 2 they look and play EXACTLY the same as the GameCube version, 3 they were just another attempt to milk the RE franchise some more and 4, nothing important was changed, innovated, updated, upgraded, etc. from GC to Wii, making the port completely pointless. It didn't utilize and of the Wii's power, motion control or anything to speak of really. They still have the clunky tank controls, and they retailed for $30 new, when sitting right beside the REA was the GameCube section with RE0 and RE1 for about $15.

However, the RE games being remade from N64/Dreamcast to GameCube was a much more necessary approach because: 1, they didn't age very well. 2, they were incredibly hard to come by. 3, the GameCube didn't have many survival horror games in its library and 4, they utilized the power of the GameCube to a great extent, the GC RE games remain as some of the best looking games I've ever seen.

So it depends, and in this case, it's pretty stupid.

I'm a huge Resident Evil fan and I have to admit that I absolutely love the REmake on the GameCube, and also, the GameCube-original RE0.  I think Nintendo was part of the reason RE2, 3, and Code Veronica were straight ported to the GameCube, and it was so, at the time, every single regular-series title could be played on one system.  I had REmake, RE0, and RE4, so I figured I'd just fill out the rest all on the GameCube.  Later on, I just ended up getting Code Veronica on the PS2.  Come to think of it, that's the only regular-story game I haven't yet played.  I think the Xbox360's been distracting me.

The GameCube remake of RE1 was phenominal, and greatly wound down the campy tone of the Playstation original with it's dreadful live-action segments and painful dialog, which I think, overall, benefitted the horror atmosphere.  Aside from that though, I have to admit, the original is still a powerful title. 

Seriously, though, very few much sought-after N64 titles are hard to find in any way.  Nor are they very expensive. 

• @RezHaz

I like the RE remakes for the GC, but I wouldn't waste my money on the Wii ones. I didn't know Veronica was on the GC... I don't ever remember seeing it.

I haven't beat RE1 yet on the GC... to be honest, I'm pretty scared shatless to turn it back on. It's one of my things to do this summer.

I can't ever find the "good" N64 games locally for a reasonable price. Especially the Resident Evil ones. I'd like to play the originals, but I don't feel like coughing up $50 for one.

Currently playing: Modern Warfare 2, Resident Evil 5, New Vegas, Halo Reach, Bulletstorm

Add me on XBL: Pyr0CheeZeCake (that's a zero)

The Freeman Returns 2012. I'll give it hope for another year...

• RezidentHazard (rides again):

S.T.A.R.S. Officer:

The good N64 games aren't very hard to come by. Would you rather spend 1000 Wii points on an emulated N64 game made to run in a higher resolution for today's TV's, or like $30 (or however much 3DS games will cost) on a game that has been ported a million times.

I'm not sure if Star Fox 64 was ever ported, but OoT was re-released and ported 5 times (V1.0, V1.1, V1.2, GameCube, VC). If you haven't played it or beaten it yet, you've been living under a rock for the past 12 years.

With remakes, there's a sense where a remake isn't completely unnecessary and when they are completely unnecessary.

For example, Capcom remaking the Resident Evil games for Wii. That was pretty pointless because 1, they only released RE1 and RE0, 2 they look and play EXACTLY the same as the GameCube version, 3 they were just another attempt to milk the RE franchise some more and 4, nothing important was changed, innovated, updated, upgraded, etc. from GC to Wii, making the port completely pointless. It didn't utilize and of the Wii's power, motion control or anything to speak of really. They still have the clunky tank controls, and they retailed for $30 new, when sitting right beside the REA was the GameCube section with RE0 and RE1 for about $15.

However, the RE games being remade from N64/Dreamcast to GameCube was a much more necessary approach because: 1, they didn't age very well. 2, they were incredibly hard to come by. 3, the GameCube didn't have many survival horror games in its library and 4, they utilized the power of the GameCube to a great extent, the GC RE games remain as some of the best looking games I've ever seen.

So it depends, and in this case, it's pretty stupid.

I'm a huge Resident Evil fan and I have to admit that I absolutely love the REmake on the GameCube, and also, the GameCube-original RE0.  I think Nintendo was part of the reason RE2, 3, and Code Veronica were straight ported to the GameCube, and it was so, at the time, every single regular-series title could be played on one system.  I had REmake, RE0, and RE4, so I figured I'd just fill out the rest all on the GameCube.  Later on, I just ended up getting Code Veronica on the PS2.  Come to think of it, that's the only regular-story game I haven't yet played.  I think the Xbox360's been distracting me.

The GameCube remake of RE1 was phenominal, and greatly wound down the campy tone of the Playstation original with it's dreadful live-action segments and painful dialog, which I think, overall, benefitted the horror atmosphere.  Aside from that though, I have to admit, the original is still a powerful title. 

Seriously, though, very few much sought-after N64 titles are hard to find in any way.  Nor are they very expensive. 

I am sad to say I never played Code Veronica. Was it good? I did play several remakes of Resident evil and liked the remake on one. (Because I never got to play the original on PSX)

Where in the story of resident evil for 3DS going to be located I wonder. Chris was shown. Correct?

• Skullmanic:

Remakes are still new games. I haven't bought a Wii and this will be my first time buying a remake. I can't hang out somewhere with a Wii or Nintendo 64 in my back pocket. This is a new option to take it where you go. Playing zelda on a road trip? That will be fun.

But, say, there is a two year old out there right now. In ten years he might be on a road trip. Maybe he wants to play the Zelda that first appeared on a 64. Unless they make portable Wiis, he is out of luck. This Zelda is new to him but not to us. It's only a remake to people who have played it. Why can't we get these very horrible "Remakes"  at a lower price? I don't know but I am sure there is nothing I can about it. Your talking to people and me, here on GIO that want to talk about games they love, like we are employees at Nintendo that can do something about this "Catastrophe".  lol

I'm not responsible for remakes and neither is the thread creators on GIO. So, complaining to people who love nintendo is generaly arguing with a wall. And calling us names wont win you any prizes.  If you don't like 'em, simply don't buy them.

"Hey son, you want to play ocarina at your friends house who doesn't have a Wii? Let's just un-hook it all and take it to their place and use their t.v. What? Just take the 3DS? Oh, that sounds a lot easier."

"Want to go to the park? Let's bring our T.V. and Nintendo 64 with us. Let's hope they have a plug- in." It's Nintendo's play- as- you go remakes.

Your argument all around is pretty weak, I have to say.  Pretty much all of us got by just fine without having a portable Ocarina of Time the last 13 years.  If you really want Ocarina of Time at a lower price, you have either eBay or the Virtual Console.  It's hardly costs a thing these days.  The 3DS release will likely run you $40, which is hardly "lower."

STARS and I have a valid point, however, in that these remakes/ports/what-have-you are a sign of laziness from Nintendo.  Largely no different from the laziness they showcased with the Wii--they gave consumers a fantastic piece of hardware with seemingly limitless possibilities, and then failed to showcase it properly.  Just making OoT 3-D isn't a good way to show off the system.  Kid Icarus is a step in the right direction, but they need a lot more than that.  This is just the laziest kind of pandering fan-service there is, and it's all focused on visual gimmickry. 

Also, if you're future kid is that interested in playing video games in the park, I would say he's got other issues than "not being able to play Ocarina of Time in the park."  For one thing, he'd be in a park.  He needs to get off his ass and throw a *** frisbee in reality.

• @STARS Officer

Oh, were you referencing the unnecessary Wii ports of RE1 and RE0?  If so, I agree that they're pretty unnecessary.  I think that only RE2 was ever on the N64, and I know quite a few places locally (I live in the Twin Cities) that deal in classic games, and often, the prices aren't too shabby.  

N64 stuff tends not to be very expensive.  Derogitory after-comment withheld.

• -sigh- This thread got ruined. Forget it. All I'm getting is name calling for having a different opinion. Not worth my time.

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) 12