www.GameInformer.com
Switch Lights

The lights are on

What's Happening

The Wii U's Future.

• rated by 0 users
  • This post has 26 Replies |
  • 10 Followers
  • It will be like the wii, it will take time for people to come around to buying it.

• Many of us are willing to educate you

http://www.mmobf.com/

• Hello,

I am in the process of possibly trading my old Wii System towards either the Wii U or the 3DS. Looking at the Wii U console; reading about it's capabilities, game titles and future releases, it looks like a safe bet. Yet, I do enjoy the simplicity of the 3DS. I do enjoy the virtual console to recall those old games and both of these engines have that. What would your suggestion be?

• Not sure this is the right thread for you but I will answer anyway.

Even though handhelds like 3DS have been more advanced recently, they still have difference from console games. If you enjoy console or handheld games more than the other I would recommend based on that. Also, the Wii U will have more games that have traditionally been for the other systems. Much more likely to include shooters and the like than a handheld. Also, look at what's already out. If you absolutely love Fire Emblem for example, you don't wanna miss awakening. Of course, nintendo's core series are likely to come out the Wii U, such as the new Zelda, Mario, Pikmen (already confirmed), and all of those things. Or 3DS if Harvest Moon and Pokemon are your thing. If you are on this forum you obviously love Nintendo already so just think about what your favorite games released on in the past. Honestly, I love both of them so it comes down to your personal taste. Of course, the 3DS is cheaper so that would be more money for games :)

• www.gametrailers.com/.../the-final-bosman-what-about-nintendo-

While this isn't exactly a well-researched report, he does make some good points.

• Ok, Nintendo is having a hard time right now but thats because of the current nintendo mentality that they care about casual gamers and thats true for the most part but Nintendo is bound to make a comeback. They're coming out with Pikmin 3, a New Legend of Zelda (For Wii U & 3DS), they'll eventually come out with a Metroid game that may rock the world with that Touchscreen system. I mean, a Metroid HUD on that screen, HELLO. I'm setting my sights on a PS4 but I can definitely see myself picking up a Wii U eventually. I mean, people are saying its graphical capabilities are around the 360 (though it truly stacks higher than that). I can live with that coming from nintendo. Nintendo wants to sell an experience because they know they can't compete in graphics because of the weight of their Casual Gamers audience switch, but they can sell an experience. I'm going to buy a Wii U eventually. When the the new legend of zelda comes out, then I'll get Pikmin 3 & other Nintendo Titles because thats what you DO.

GT - Noble7 Thom 293
    PSN ID - Tom-B292

Currently Playing Sly Cooper : Thieves of Time (Vita) 

• After the E3 I think WiiU has basically cemented its status as average and predictable,  and that might be the best place for them. It's not going to shock anyone, but won't fail. The games aren't going to look the best or be game of the year but they won't be awful. The people that liked Nintendo before will play it and the people who don't won't. Nintendo will just sit in the background and bide their time for 8 years till the next gen. And that might be the smarter move. The WiiU could never stand toe to toe with PS4 and Microsoft showed what happens when you try and take big risks to stay on top. So instead they'll just be around like the later years of the Wii after the casual craze ended. WiiU is like the old original Converse. Never going to wow people or be the newest and best, but they're affordable,  sturdy, and you know exactly what you're getting when you buy them

• andresfelipe:

Hello,

I am in the process of possibly trading my old Wii System towards either the Wii U or the 3DS. Looking at the Wii U console; reading about it's capabilities, game titles and future releases, it looks like a safe bet. Yet, I do enjoy the simplicity of the 3DS. I do enjoy the virtual console to recall those old games and both of these engines have that. What would your suggestion be?

Keep your Wii, buy a Wii U.

After you have the Wii U home, transfer all your Wii stuff to it.

Then you can safely trade in the Wii towards Wii U game.

• The WiiU could never stand toe to toe  WildStar Gold with PS4 and Microsoft showed what happens when you try and take big risks to stay on top. So instead they'll just be around like the later years of the Wii after the casual craze ended. WiiU is like the old original Converse. Never going to wow people or be the newest and best, but they're affordable,  sturdy, and you know exactly what you're getting when you buy them

• I don't know why people insist that the Wii U is some crappy console with no potential. People can complain about Nintendo using the same franchises over and over, I've done so myself but it's not right to complain about Nintendo when Sony and MS have done the same. COD, AC, Halo, GTA, God of War... What else do they have? Tons of shooters we've all played before, sprinkling in some single player action games, wow. I don't see innovation just pouring out of Sony and MS, all I see are games I've already seen before just trying to look more HD than the last. Wii U has good games on it right now and others will come but some people won't notice because they can't stop playing their fps games long enough to see.

• I totally agree with Arcanica:

when I compare the E3 conferences, its always pretty much the same for Sony and MS as well: a new COD (in fact nothing new about it anymore, copy paste over and over again with some minor changes maybe), new racing mostly same titles, new Fifa, ...

At the end, the franchises of Nintendo are far more fun and remain fresh and surprising every time.

Currently the WiiU has some very fun games that make the purchase worth it: the Mario/Luigi series, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart to mention a few.

And if Nintendo would add (I hope!!!) these titles like: a new Metroid, Mario Galaxy 3(?), the new Zelda that is announced, Donkey Kong 3(?), ...

What I'm also hoping for is a Mario All Star collection in HD, a remake of Super Mario World and A link to the past (this would be awesome!), ...

On the other hand, I'm convinced that the Nintendo management should wake up and step up by leaving the kiddy-image and investing in an online community like Live and PSN.

GAMANGA.com

• I know people say the same thing about Nintendo though too, that they always just crank out another Mario or Zelda game but at least they try different things sometimes like Mario Galaxy, 3d World. I'm thankful that I'm getting another chance to experience Nintendo games again since only a few years ago, I pretty much wanted nothing to do with Nintendo because of the whole "kiddie" Wii craze. Even though I didn't like the idea of the original Wii and was sorely embarrassed by it, I can say now that I have a new perspective since they at least tried to give people a new experience with games.

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) 12