www.GameInformer.com
Switch Lights

The lights are on

3DS Circle Pad Pro

• rated by 0 users
  • This post has 8 Replies |
  • 5 Followers
  • So what do you guys think about this new add on for the 3DS? 

If you haven't seen it here are some link if you want to check it out.

Front View

http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/img/gmw/docs/497/168/ggl51.jpg

Back View

http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/images/9/2011/12/xlarge_02be3b2fa96d3519762713ff47dd47b2.jpg

Circle Pad by it self

http://www.zeldainformer.com/newsimages/circlepadpro.jpg

• For now, I don't know what to think. When it was first announced I was mad, but I'm not going to sit here and complain about how it should've been included in the first place. Is it upsetting that it should have been there before the 3DS released? Yes, but Nintendo didn't think they needed it, and I didn't think it needed it either. I'm fine with the add on now. I like how it's an optional control setting, but like I said before I didn't think the 3DS needed it. For now there's only six games that are going to use it and while they are good it doesn't seem like there will be too much of an issue with standard controls. I think the battery life on it is good and I've heard that it's comfortable but i'm most likely not going to buy. For one, there's only two (three if it gets released here) that I want that are going to use this, and that's Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance, Resident Evil: Revelations, and Monster Hunter 4 (reported to use this in the future). Second, I bought the Nyko battery extend pack for the 3DS and it doesn't look like that and the Circle Pad Pro will fit all at once. So for now, I have no bad thoughts on it, but I don't plan on buying and will probably wait for the inevitable redesign that has better battery life and has the two sticks and shoulder buttons included.

• Hopefully they integrate it with a 3DS upgrade.

Currently playing: Modern Warfare 2, Resident Evil 5, New Vegas, Halo Reach, Bulletstorm

Add me on XBL: Pyr0CheeZeCake (that's a zero)

The Freeman Returns 2012. I'll give it hope for another year...

• S.T.A.R.S. Officer:

Hopefully they integrate it with a 3DS upgrade.

I think that's probably a given--just not any time soon.  After all, they eventually integrated Wii Motion+ into Wii Remotes, and that was used way less than the Circle Pad Pro will be.

• It would definitely help to have another analog stick, but I wish it was already on the system. I really don't like how big this thing is.

• I personally am not interested in it.

• @RezHaz

I thought about buying a 3DS around my birthday in February, but I think I'll wait for a possible upgrade. I really would not be interested in this attachment.

Currently playing: Modern Warfare 2, Resident Evil 5, New Vegas, Halo Reach, Bulletstorm

Add me on XBL: Pyr0CheeZeCake (that's a zero)

The Freeman Returns 2012. I'll give it hope for another year...

• S.T.A.R.S. Officer:

@RezHaz

I thought about buying a 3DS around my birthday in February, but I think I'll wait for a possible upgrade. I really would not be interested in this attachment.

You'll be waiting a while.  Granted, its part marketing-speak when Nintendo says they won't put out a revamped 3DS right now, but I also think it would be fiscally irresponsible for Nintendo do put out a revamped 3DS with a built-in dual-Circle Pad set-up so soon.  You'll be waiting a year at least.  The dual-Circle Pad 3DS will likely launch late next year in time for the holidays, and to better challenge the Vita on a new front.  

I'll get the attachment.  No biggie.  Hell, with the Ambassador program, the two freebies (Four Swords and Excitebike), and the pre-installed games, I already have 41 games for my 3DS.  By comparison, after having my DS Lite for about 4 years, I only have 42 games on that.  I'm really enjoying the 3DS.  

• The circle pad pro attachment not only adds a second circle pad, but also ZL and ZR buttons. it is also connected using infrared . Also it is not necessary but will make some game easier to play or better to play with. Unfortunately Monster Hunter 3G may not release in NA which disappoints me. ;(

3DS FC: 1934-0717-4017

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)