www.GameInformer.com
Switch Lights

The lights are on

Wii U "Expansion pack"?

Not Answered This question is not answered
All Replies
  • is there an expansion slot on the Wii U?  I dont think they would go this route as they would have issues with people buying games that required the extra memory but did not have it.  

Then this is just a guess but looking at the Wii U specs and what is likely to be in the PS4 and Nextbox, the Wii U is going to need more than just memory to keep up.  The processor has a startling slow clock speed with only 3 cores running at 1.24ghz..  It feels like I am always bashing on Nintendo any more and I dont want to be that guy but I just dont understand some of their hardware decisions any more.   Not sure how they think this processor would be able to stay competitive for 6-8 years.

We're sorta like 7-Eleven. We're not always doing business, but we're always open.

Steam - palor700   XBL - LooneyPilot   paxgaming.com

• I mean, you can use an external hardrive for it. That's probably as close to expansion as they'll get.

• People in the industry have already stated that they don't believe that the graphics on next generation consoles won't change dramatically. It won be like the last generation to the current generation.

• People in the industry have been saying that with every new generation.  The same way people were saying we would never need 1TB hard drives or 1GB of ram.  Have you seen some of the tech demos for the new graphics engines, like Samaritan?  

That is being done inside UE3 a DX9 based graphics engine.  UE4 will look even better.  You also have something like the unlimited detail engine

(warning that video is more of a sales pitch than a tech demo)  Point being there is lots of room for graphics improvement.  It goes beyond that the new system are rumored to have 8 gigs of memory that is 16X more than the 360 and 32X more than the PS3.  More memory combined with greater processing power gives developers so many more options in terms of what they can do.  They can have more characters on screen, they can give more characters their own independent AI.  They can flesh out  more of the environment.  How does a GTA game where every single building can be entered without loading sound?

We're sorta like 7-Eleven. We're not always doing business, but we're always open.

Steam - palor700   XBL - LooneyPilot   paxgaming.com

• Graphics don't make a game but they sell them. I mean, I know a ton of people who bought Battlefield 3 because it looked good. That's really it.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)