www.GameInformer.com
Switch Lights

The lights are on

What's Happening

The Wii Essentials

• rated by 0 users
  • This post has 17 Replies |
  • 11 Followers
  • I'd like your guys help with something, I want to put together a list of the can't miss, must play wii games. Just give me your pick with a nice and detailed analogy recommending it..

KAMINA-01-1.jpg Kamina image by lokwokcheung Suda51 Group

• DK country returns. It has challenging gameplay, great background anesthetic, Awesome music, (though it's mostly remixes) fun bosses, and tons of replay value.

Also, cranky kong's remarks are always funny.

Game I am currently waiting for: New super mario bros. U

• I would recommend Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Every title has it's ups and downs. So I'd say valid complaints are not a prescription for writing something off, and Brawl is certainly proof of that.

Does bad online and random tripping suck? Yes of course. But this title hits it out of the park in so many different areas... One of the best single player campaigns ever in a fighting game now. Then, it was unquestionably the best. Tons of fan service, plenty of modes, pretty much the best couch multiplayer in the business, Solid freaking Snake!

If you miss out on this one, I'd argue you missed the point of owning a Wii.

KAMINA-01-1.jpg Kamina image by lokwokcheung Suda51 Group

• There are a ton of essentials for the Wii. Believe it or not, I don't even have some of the games in my list (but people say they're good and I have tried a few before). I'm going to try and collect those games within the next year (I want to buy them to play them, and I want to get them before it'll end up being like GameCube games.). Here is my list.

1. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

2. WarioWare: Smooth Moves

3. Super Paper Mario

4. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

5. Donkey Kong Barrel Blast

6. Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

7. Super Mario Galaxy

8. Super Smash Bros. Brawl

9. Mario Kart Wii

10. Wario Land: Shake It!

11. Animal Crossing: City Folk

12. Metroid Prime Trilogy

13. New Super Mario Bros. Wii

14. Xenoblade Chronicles

15. Super Mario Galaxy 2

16. Kirby's Epic Yarn

17. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

18. Kirby's Return to Dreamland

19. Mario Party 9

20. Kirby's Dream Collection: Special Edition

I might be missing a few games, but I pretty much nailed the key first-party games on the Wii. There weren't many third-party games, though, so I didn't list them (still, there were some amazing third-party games on the Wii).

• This thread is missing Sin & Punishment: Star Successor and Little King's Story.

Peaceful Days died, Let's Survive 

• don't forget those red steel games that so many people love that I haven't gotten around to yet, Or wii play motion for when you are first getting start or if for nothing else than the wii remote plus, wouldn't want anything without a motion plus attached or built in when you switch over to the wii u, the different levels in the new shoot range are fun and so is knocking into the other player with cone zone

• Xenoblade Chronicles

Metroid Prime 3/Metroid Prime Trilogy

Tatsunoko vs Capcom

Geometry Wars: Galaxies

The Last Story

Punch-Out!!

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles/Darkside Chronicles

Dead Space: Extraction

House of the Dead 2&3 Return/HotD: Overkill

The Conduit/Conduit 2

Lost in Shadow

Little King's Story

Red Steel 2

No More Heroes/No More Heroes 2

Deadly Creatures

Cursed Mountain

Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2

MadWorld

Kirby's Epic Yarn / Return to Dreamland / Collection

Resident Evil 4

Okami

Manhunt 2

Zelda: Twilight Princess / Skyward Sword

Zack & Wiki

de Blob / de Blob 2

DKC Returns

Sin & Punishment

Boom Blox & Blast Party

Monster Hunter Tri

Bit.Trip Complete

Bully: Scholarship Edition

Goldeneye

Dawn of Discovery

Muramasa: The Demon Sword

A Boy & His Blob

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories

Sonic Colors

Excite Truck / Excitebots

Trauma Center series

3 Harvest Moon games

2 Rune Factory games

Battalion Wars 2

Elebits

Sakura Wars

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core

Shiren the Wanderer

Take note:  Most of what I listed is hardcore, third party, exclusive (or originally exclusive), physical releases.  Don't let anyone tell you the Wii was a failure, when you have facts on your side.  This list gets longer when you add in non-exclusives (Call of Duty, Rayman Origins, Lego games, Guitar Hero, Sports titles, Rock Band, etc) and longer still when you factor in downloadable titles (World of Goo, Mega Man 9-10, Strongbad, Monkey Island, Konami's ReBirth series, etc).  By the way, most of what I listed here has a Metacritic average of 75 or higher.  Some, like Lost in Shadow, are titles that I liked that were imperfect, but solid and unique games.

It takes almost no research to find these games, by the way.  I spent all of about 5 minutes on this.

• @RezidentHazard (rides again)

I'm ashamed to say I didn't know some of the titles you listed. I had no idea the Wii had Guilty Gear. I'll have to look up some of those games, they sound interesting.

Peaceful Days died, Let's Survive 

• Gaming Warthog:

@RezidentHazard (rides again)

I'm ashamed to say I didn't know some of the titles you listed. I had no idea the Wii had Guilty Gear. I'll have to look up some of those games, they sound interesting.

Far too many people didn't know what the Wii had, and sat dismissing it through straight ignorance.  

No, it didn't have Bioshock or GTA or Red Dead.  But it did have House of the Dead, Dead Space Extraction, Arc Rise Fantasia, Fragile, MadWorld, No More Heroes, Red Steel 2, Resident Evil shooters, Deadly Creatures, Lost in Shadow, Little King's Story, and many more.

But the console still managed over 100 (mostly) exclusive, hardcore titles averaging 70 or above on Metacritic.  

• I would recommend Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. It has a pretty good story and good graphics, even if they won't win any awards. It didn't get the best reviews, but if you enjoy strategy games a a nice challenge, it is a great game.

• Here are my personal Top Ten:

1. The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword

2. Super Mario Galaxy 2

3. Donkey Kong Country Returns

4. Metroid Prime Trilogy (or just Corruption)

5. Super Mario Galaxy

6. The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess

7. Super Smash Bros. Brawl

8. Xenoblade Chronicles

9. Kirby's Return to Dreamland

10. Super Paper Mario

• best list ever...

• Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My life as a King was a pretty good WiiWare title.

• Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Super Mario Galaxy and Galaxy 2, Dead Space Extraction, Mad World, No More Heroes 2, Red Steel 2, The Last Story, Xenoblade Chronicles, Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside Chronicles, House of the Dead Overkill

• Those games seems really awesome! :D

Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 12