Switch Lights

The lights are on

What's Happening

XboxOne To Much Value?

• rated by 0 users
  • This post has 3 Replies |
  • 3 Followers
  • Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE

I read an article recently about Xboxone when they talk about how much value there console has.  They swear up and down that the Xboxone has over $1000 dollars of value.  After thinking about it they are right. They have multiple services at your fingertips that you can use with ease.  But what I think Xbox has overlooked is if it is needed or not.  Some people just like to game and have no interest in TV or movies or services.  Why pay for something that is $500 when you don’t even want all of the services provided to them.  Yes I like having an internet search engine on my console but also that’s what my desktop or laptop is for.  Netflix and hulu are widely used yes but there are many streaming devices out there including a competitive console that is $100 dollars cheaper. Then lastly the camera that is forced on you at launch.  I personally have no issue with the camera but I don’t want to pay extra for something I probably wont use for its primary function which is gaming.  I know Microsoft’s focus went to being more of an entertainment system rather than just a “Gaming” console but that’s the reason I think people ultimately favor PS4 this year.

Tell me your opinion on this whole issue and are you getting xboxone when it comes out?  Tell me why or why not in the comments below love seeing other people’s views on gaming.

P.S. If anyone cares I’m getting PS4 first

• I don't understand the marketing strategy myself.  People who are interested in TV, sports and the like have already had HD DVR and sports packages and streaming services for literally multiple years.  Not to mention, you already have been able to watch Netflix and Hulu Plus on PS3 without paying a membership fee for years.  They have the Sunday ticket football package, an internet browser, Blu ray, a video rental package, and do day 1 digital releases for major games already also...Even most newer Smart TV's have all of these things built into them.  I see what they are going for as your go to device in the living room, but I don't see the real need for it.  That being said MS made a great choice dropping their anti gamer policies with DRM and used games and whatnot, which will likely lead to me purchasing both systems as I did last gen.  

• I'm not a huge fan of the 'Home Enetertainment' part of it really, although the Netflix and YT apps are used everyday by me...but I am looking forward to the ONE exclusives they've shown so far and the XBL DVR. The games they do have lined up like Quantum Break, Halo, RYSE, DR3...definitely have my interest.

Unlike PS4, who I haven't seen any big game reveals and their main selling point so far is 'OOH YOU CAN PLAY USED GAMES OFFLINE...OMGZ IM BUYING ONE GUYZ! XBOX ONE IZ DUMB!'

• I personally am not a huge fan of this new all around entertainment system they are going for because I'm am a gamer and when I get a console all I want to do is play games.  That being said I understand the strategy they want to branch out and get more people engaged then just gamers like myself.  They want to be able to compete with the growing smart phone and tablet market that can multitask i.e. play games, watch movies, surf web etc.  So even though as of now to us gamers it may look like a stupid move if you really look at it they are doing the right thing because I'm going to get the Xbox One anyways and I am a gamer.  And even though it looks like Xbox One is losing more and more to PS4 on all these gaming forums I'm sure there are plenty of non gamers out there who don't belong to such forums seriously considering purchasing the Xbox One.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)