www.GameInformer.com
Switch Lights

The lights are on

Mass Effect 3 **Official** Thread.

• rated by 0 users
  • This post has 114 Replies |
  • 44 Followers
  • Does anyone know if you'll be able to bring the characters you build up in mulitplayer in the ME3 demo into the full game when it comes out?

• ME3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• @dagnastyep No, I don't think the demo characters will transfer over, unfortunately. I don't mind, cause the only character Ive played as is the female Vanguard. I would hate to have leveled up all of the classes and then not be able to port them over to the full game. That's a lot of wasted effort >.<

• If anyone is looking for someone to party up with for multiplayer my gamertag is ProfessorScio. Just looking for some people that want to have fun but not take it to serious.

• Kachibitos has the romance guide in his blog:

kachibitos.blogspot.com/.../all-romance-options-in-mass-effect-3.html

• I was monumentally disappointed by the ending of Mass Effect 3. I spent all that time on my character across all three games, making each choice carefully, and all i get for an ending is a set of awful choices, and then a vague few line closing dialogue. I didn't find out what happened to the people i spent all that time learning about, or the nations that i brought together, or anything. After the credits rolled, i sat there in shock for several minutes. I can not imagine a more unsatisfactory way to end such an awesome game. In fact, that ending nearly undoes all of the fun i had up to it. Next time bioware, how about at least a bit of info on what happens AFTER.

• Okay, so I'm a little confused.  I haven't beat ME3 yet but I've seen several people complaining about the ending, yet in Reiner's review he says that he actually enjoyed the ending.  I've heard people say that the ending doesn't give any closure but maybe that's kind of the point.  I haven't seen the end but from what I've been playing I can't imagine everything will be all rainbows and butterflies when it's all over.  Plus, I don't see the characters changing much after the war.  Most of them have changed because of the Reapers and it will be a long time before they can be back to normal.  Shepard has faced suicidal odds for three years, I don't think she'll (FemShep!) be able to just slap on a smile when it's over and be happy.  But again, I haven't seen the end so this may not have anything to do with what people are complaining about.

• @Umbra, Well....maybe Email Bioware asking for some after the game DLC. What happens after DLC. If not....I'm pretty sure some of these characters will show up in the next Mass Effect games. No worries. Bioware knows what they are doing.

Edit - And before someone gets on and says this is the ending to Shepard's story, Bioware has already stated this is not the end of Mass Effect. They have even said to save your Mass Effect 3 Saves. I'm thinking a game years later that builds it's history on your saved games.

• I own none of the Mass Effect games, but I have heard many great things about ME3. Can someone help me make the decision of whether or not to pick this game up? I am a fan of RPGs and action/adventure games like Batman Arkham City and Skyrim. Please reply and help me understand why this is such a great game to buy.

• UmbraPhoenix:

I was monumentally disappointed by the ending of Mass Effect 3. I spent all that time on my character across all three games, making each choice carefully, and all i get for an ending is a set of awful choices, and then a vague few line closing dialogue. I didn't find out what happened to the people i spent all that time learning about, or the nations that i brought together, or anything. After the credits rolled, i sat there in shock for several minutes. I can not imagine a more unsatisfactory way to end such an awesome game. In fact, that ending nearly undoes all of the fun i had up to it. Next time bioware, how about at least a bit of info on what happens AFTER.

i beat the game a few days ago, and the more i think about it, the more i dont like it either. there really is no closure, 150 hours worth of choices don't matter and theres all kinds of plot holes that make you think, "wait... how did that happen? that just doesnt make sense."

i really hope they do soemthing to tie it all together and fill in the gaps. so many people have been ranting and raving about how it ruined mass effect, but i wouldnt go that far. im kind of hoping bioware releases some free dlc that "fixes" the ending to appease the fans though. if they charge $10-15 for it or whatever, theyre just going to get a whole new mess on their hands.

• @boogieman29 and @UmbraPhoenix Hey I felt the exact same way about the ending as you did, so I started searching and doing my homework and I came across a very creditable theory. Its the Indoctrination theory. I'll post some links so you can read and check it out, but if this is right which im pretty sure it is, then the ending is an incredible display by bioware and i can't wait for the DLC =) just thought id help cause i felt destroyed and depressed after i beat the game, so if this helps you not feel that way then my job here is done. And let me know what you think about the theory and everything. I've been dying to talk it over with a fellow fan. 

Theory: http://www.gamefront.com/mass-effect-3-ending-analyzing-the-indoctrination-theory/2/ and here is a vid that helps support the theory http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDSwW7jflAQ&feature=player_embedded

• the Mass Effect series, in my opinion, is the greatest game trilogy of all time. They are such great games! I would suggest getting all of them and playing them all through in order to get the whole experience. You can get the first and second one very cheap, if you don't mind used games.

• I have to say this. ME3 is, overall, an amazing game. It won't win GOTY, because I see Bioshock Infinite winning this year, but perhaps I'm wrong. Anyway, to everyone who complains heavily about the ending (I mean the ones who would go to the FTC AND COMPLAIN), in ten years, when ME3 is brought up, what will talk about? The ending controversy. No, not how the other 110 hours I spent on this series and will cherish the rest of my gaming life. The LAST HOUR, in my opinion the worst one, but do you see what I'm saying? Please don't ignore the ret of the game because the vocal minority doesn't like the ending.

• ME3 is a amazing game i enjoyed every minute of it and i hope it wins GOTY 2012

• i have yet to beat Mass Effect 3 (i have a 6 year old son that wants to watch me play ME1 and ME2 more than ME3) but what i have played is awsome. To everyone that hates the ending of the game I ask are you truely Sci-Fi fans? Like i said i have not beaten the game yet but after reading all of the posts about the let down, i have to say where are the real Sci-Fi fans at? I mean do we all not realize that not all Sci-Fi has to be Star Wars happy endings... What about movies like Inception that make you wonder is he asleep or is he awake. or movies like Alien (of which i am stoaked to see the prequal Promethius) that while Riply did survive, how can it be a happy ending? or even Terminator, no mater what Sarah Conner does Skaynet is still created and the Machines still nuke humans into the stone ages. Why is it that when some one writes a story that is thought provoking like Mass Effect and may not have the pristine outcome that you want we ultimatly feel like we hwve to ridicule it?

I say we need more games that make us think, we need to face the underlying story and be ready for any possibility.

I will agree that there are some flaws so far in the game play and that it would be nice to find out what happened to your friends, but ask yourself this. Did the brave men that stormed the beach of Normandy in 1944 find out after the war was over what happened to all of there friends. I am willing to bet that some never found out to some extent. it is a fact of life.

Mass Effect is a first person RPG we take on the role of Shepard. He/She is not omniscient so it only makes sense that he may not know what happened to every one he knew. (i will also interject that could it be that BioWare is planning a spin off ala Halo 3:ODST, or the new Resident Evil Racoon city)

Ok so i have said my peace and i look forward to finishing the game.

Page 7 of 8 (115 items) «45678