www.GameInformer.com
Switch Lights

The lights are on

Nickelodeon app on live...

• rated by 0 users
  • This post has 0 Replies |
  • 0 Followers
  • Some of you may recall that MS recently made an announcement that they were adding Nickelodeon and Comedy Central shows to their Live service.  GI covered the announcement here:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/07/30/nickelodeon-and-comedy-central-bring-6000-videos-to-xbox-live.aspx

The way the article was worded (and how most of the commenters took it) made it sound like the show would be free for anyone with a gold subscription.  This isn't the case at all.  Its true that you need a gold account to access the videos, but that's only half of it. Without a cable provider to link to the app you're basically limited to one episode for each show and not every Nick show is represented; even by linking your account you only have access to 5 or so episodes per show. This is hardly "free" for gold subscribers.

While I'm not sure that MS really misrepresented the announcement, any time a company makes you read the fine print its obvious they're trying to make something appear better than it actually is.  I (and my kids) found this out the hard way when we tried to access the content tonight for the first time.

That's the end of my rant.  I know its just Nickelodeon and its not a big deal, but with Netflix losing the Viacom deal my kids have been missing their shows.  I thought this would fill that absence but unfortunately its not what it seems.  Hopefully some of you that also got your hopes will see this and not waste your time.

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)