www.GameInformer.com
Switch Lights

The lights are on

The Official Halo 4 Thread

• rated by 0 users
  • This post has 83 Replies |
  • 35 Followers
  • My only gripe about the series is calling it Halo 4. I know marketing has to treat the majority of the human race like they have a low IQ, but if there are no halo's then why call it Halo 4? Let it be known I will bite out my own tongue and stitch it back on if they do make it part of the series, but "Halo" doesn't have to mean Master Chief. I do expect new game play and weapons that procreate any competent shooter franchise and we all knew that they wouldn't leave MC in that cryogenic chamber forever, just add a relevant namesake.

About the video:  The movement gives me a nice M.E. 2 Vibe (when traversing a destroyed ship) with less confusing movements.

"Always make them laugh, try to make them cry. Always take the stage like it's the last night of your life." Frank Turner.

• But you have to think. Halo ODST didn't have any Halos in them, nor did Halo: Reach. You never set foot on one in any of those games, yet it went under the same banner, because that is what people use to recognize the series. If Bungie didn't name Halo ODST the way it had, then what would they have named it? Same with Reach. we recognize them as a Halo game, because of the Halo in their names, yet, all we use is the number or part of the name, so it doesn't really matter.

• Halo ODST took place during the Halo timeline. The covenant were attacking Earth and defending Halo. Reach took place right before the first Halo was discovered to explain the history behind the main protagonist who destroys Halo's. I think names do matter in telling an overall arch of a story or giving us a little expectation. Halo 4 does cover that fact, but why not subtitle it? Bioshock: Infinite is subtitled because it's a different time, place, and story arch.

Like I said in my last post. I'll redact my problem with the game if there is some huge plot twist that brings back the halos.

"Always make them laugh, try to make them cry. Always take the stage like it's the last night of your life." Frank Turner.

• Point Taken. But there are still more halos out there, it is possible they might uncover another that had chosen to activate for some reason or another. They might introduce a new antagonist completely

• I, for one, am really excited for Halo 4! Can't wait for Halo Anniversary to come out in November; it will hold me over until Halo 4.

And to those of you who said that they are milking this series, I ask... really?! Please tell me how. This series isn't being milked. For one Bungie isn't making this one, so they aren't the ones milking the series they made. And two, Halo comes out with a new game every three, or so, years. Call of Duty is a title that is being milked, with a new game every year.

• I think that a series doesn't make the milker phase unless the very last Halo fan weeps openly for the master chiefs 8 chaos emerald collection as he rounds the track in his cart while throwing banana's at anybody trying to pass him.

• I wouldn't call it milking if the games are still high quality games, which they have proven to be so far. All eyes are on 343 now though.

• Whos developing the game then

• @onezeroONE

343 industries.

I'm not worried about Halo 4, it's in good hands. Since 343i is made up of ex-Bungie employees and Frank O' Conner, I'm worried in the slightest, just excited.

funny gifs]

• There seems to be this idea going around that 343 is full of ex-Bungie employees. This is false. In reality, there's only like 3 or 4 total people from Bungie. Everyone else, well, isn't.

Although I do believe Halo is still in good hands. 343 actually cares about what's going on in the Halo Universe.

• Dave:

There seems to be this idea going around that 343 is full of ex-Bungie employees. This is false. In reality, there's only like 3 or 4 total people from Bungie. Everyone else, well, isn't.

Although I do believe Halo is still in good hands. 343 actually cares about what's going on in the Halo Universe.

Hopefully those 3 or four people worked on the story for the other Halo games. then all 343 has to do is work with them on the story and get the scope and magnitude of the levels right.

• man i really hope youre right haha last thing i wanna see is a face slap to all halo lovers

• I'm sure it will be great. They really don't have to do much to top Reach. They could just make a few subtle tweaks to the multiplayer and forge and call it done and people would be satisfied.

• But you also have to take into account the story. A lot of Halo fans are story oriented. they like the story better then other FPS out there. I for one like it because it has that ability to draw you in and leaving you breathless by the end. Just the combination of action and drama give you that exhilarated bliss.

• I have a really big question who is devoloping Halo 4?

Page 3 of 6 (84 items) 12345»